Window Tinting New C Class Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kid_Dav

Car
C Coupe AMG Sport
Hi Anyone know a tinting place that can do the new c class coupe. Preferably near Nottingham, Sheffield area? Been informed that pretty much all the interior needs to be stripped to access the rear windscreen due to the back shelf and break light. Obviously a job for a professional.

If it really does require all that trim to be removed would it not be cheaper to take it to an Autoglass Centre and just have the rear screen removed then waz it down to the Tinters and straight back for a refit??

Thanks. I did think about removing the rear windscreen but they are sealed in and have to be cut out unlike some others which have rubber gaskets. May look into this route more if R Tints can't help

We use THESE they are based just outside Rotherham, never seen a bad job from them and we have sent some very high end stuff there and people travel for miles to come to them based on their reputation.

Kid_Dav said:
Hi Anyone know a tinting place that can do the new c class coupe. Preferably near Nottingham, Sheffield area? Been informed that pretty much all the interior needs to be stripped to access the rear windscreen due to the back shelf and break light. Obviously a job for a professional.

If you are Long Eaton side of Nottingham try these people at Attenborough http://www.execspec.co.uk/. I have used a couple of times and Ash and his brother do a excellent job, they also tint for several main dealers in the Nottingham and Derby areas.

Looked into the auto glass route and thought this may be helpful to others! Auto glass will charge £160 to remove ad re- fit the rear windscreen. However they can not guarantee against damage or breaking the glass and a new rear windscreen will set you back well over £500 and up to £1500. So I doubt I will opt for this route personally

Scenario! :D

Local Kids have lobbed a brick at the rear screen and cracked it! :eek:

Pay the £50 excess to your insurance Co' and jobs a good un! :thumb:

Should be no probs getting the new screen tinted before fitting and Autoglass will have to fit another one if they bust it as it's an insurance replacement! :cool:

Obviously I cannot condone such underhand tactics in the slightest! ;)

Haha I like your way of thinking. May be a silly question but can you claim for your rear windscreen ?

I assume Glass cover is Glass cover.

Some companies call it windscreen cover but any glass that gets broken should be covered.

......................hypothetically that is! :devil:

Hi try Karl a friend of mine, at K Tintz HERE. Also shows his wears on Facebook

Based in Sutton-in Ashfield, he is mobile and would travel to Notts. HTH

Thought I would update this thread with my latest info :). It seems there are only 2 ways to to tint the rear window of a C class and E Class coupe.

One, a strip down job of the interior. The rear window can not be accessed due to the back shelf and rear break light. So in order to tint the shelf, seats, door cards etc all need to come out.

Two, out of total coincidence someone breaks your rear window :/ thus forcing you to claim via auto glass for a new window. Prior to the fitting of the new window you get someone to tiny the glass ;).

However both have risks and I am still undecided on which route to take, if any!!!!

I'm looking into this, have been recommended a few places close by. They have said they measure from the outside then fit in the inside.

I know a long time has passed but in the end I managed to find a tinting company in Notts who could do the rear window of my old c class without stripping the interior. Apparently the risk is they can't get the bubbles out when drying the film because the shelf makes it difficult to get access with there tools. In the end I took the risk and they did a good job.

I've also had mine done at autotintz in Doncaster. Less than an hour it was done, really pleased with the work and service.

Scenario! :D

Local Kids have lobbed a brick at the rear screen and cracked it! :eek:

Pay the £50 excess to your insurance Co' and jobs a good un! :thumb:

Should be no probs getting the new screen tinted before fitting and Autoglass will have to fit another one if they bust it as it's an insurance replacement! :cool:

Obviously I cannot condone such underhand tactics in the slightest! ;)

Cracked it? It's not laminated, it'll shatter into thousands of pieces.

The _Don said:
This is a forum members business, they come highly recommended - http://www.execspec.co.uk
Do they offer discount for fellow forum members?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom