Does this look good?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Perhaps in a different shade

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Springbok

Car
W209 CLK 280
Just had this finished this week, and looking for everyone's opinion.

Limo on back and quarter windows. ( about 5% transmission ).

Fronts were untinted ( aftermarket swap at some point ) with 75% transmission tint on now.

What does everyone think? Answers on a postcard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
IMO the backs are too dark especially given the small amount of glass, 50% on the back with the lighter fronts would look fine.

I was tempted by a Dark Smoke, but felt I want to really go as dark as possible.

There's a few more bits and pieces that should compliment the look

A few more pics of the workmanship.

Attachments

• image-2908382701.jpg
    image-2908382701.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-2580476437.jpg
    image-2580476437.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 99
Limo black is a no no in my book I'm afraid .

Dark smoke is as dark as you should go , before you look like a crack peddler.

I can still see the naked bird on the back seat.

Ah , that's different !

one of my favourite things about the CLK is the lack of B pillar which gives "a flow" to the windows which has no been removed by doing this in my opinion. I wouldn't do/have done it on my car. Personal choice at the end of the day and all that.

Guys, anyone know of issues in using SunTek HP film CLK / MB?

Sorry dont like the look. There are safety issues with tints IMHO when following a car without tints it is possible to see through and identify hazards such as cyclists etc, this visibilty is denied on any car with tints. They also reduce reward visbilty at night and in dull conditions, I dont understand why anyone would want to do this just because they think the car looks better.........

But as said, each to their own!!!!!

Don't know why there is so much negativity around the topic, I think you can ruin anything by overdoing it, same applies to window tinting - so you cant just generalise the idea as good or bad.

I'm for the comfort of window tint, the car is much cooler in summer, you're protected with UV protection & your leather is less prone to receive sun damage.

I've never seen problems with visibility, but within reason its all dependent on percentage of light coming through.

I understand that it may aid that you can see through the car in front, but this shouldn't be something that anyone should rely on, keep your distance & you'll see everything you need to see whether the car in front is tinted or not. If window tint is such a problem for other drivers to see the road ahead, then what about vans, trucks, pickups, lorries, caravans etc

Rear tints make the car look like a van.

I don't know why people do this to their cars as it always looks hideous, and I always avoid cars offered for sale that have so called privacy glass.

Most of us don't drive around with celebrities, so I don't see the point.

I would have thought that would be highly sought after, by Funeral parlours!!!!

Yes, that is another hideous car. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom