Window tints

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mbstarz

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi sport
Thinking of getting the rear windows tinted on my 08 c class sport?

What grade tint should I go for?

I'm not after a 'gangster' look!.. Just to make the car look abit better as it doesn't have factory tints. Anyone done it?

What grade tint should I go for?

I'm not after a 'gangster' look!.. Just to make the car look abit better as it doesn't have factory tints. Anyone done it?

As it has factory tints id go for a light smoke, will give a overall medium tone

:confused::confused::confused:

I would go for a medium to lighter tint. I have factory tints on mine and at night, especially when it's raining, it's quite difficult to see behind when reversing and using the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
Sorry my mistake, in that case id say a medium tint. As you mentioned you want tints to make the car look better, light tints would be a waste of money imo, with medium you will get best of both (car will look nice and shouldn't be very difficult to reverse)

I would think very carefully about this. I had it done on a previous car (by a very well respected company) and would never do it again. I found it extremely annoying when driving at night especially if also raining because of the reflection from car headlights where the tint film meets every heater element in the rear window. It was not only annoying but affected visibility.

I went for a 50% tint on rear and rear/side and 25% on front sides. Again the 25% on front sides was dangerous (not only illegal) at night and in rain when looking out for cyclists with no lights.

I think any tinting looks so really really cheap and tacky. only my opinion though. T.

I think any tinting looks so really really cheap and tacky. only my opinion though. T.

Not only your opinion, Tony, mine as well!

But as the OP asked for advice on what tints members think he should have, I would say, none.

Malcolm

The tint simulator on this site may be useful in deciding what to go for.
Just remember that the simulated view through the mirror is in daylight.

Auto Image Tint Shop - Auto Window Tint Simulator - Visual Tinter - New Jersey

Factory tints. The rear and back side windows are the same tint, but look different from different angles of view.

View through the back window with raindrops and the same view from outside the car, to show level of daylight.

Last edited:
Having the rear windows noticeably darker than the front ones (legal setup) just looks plain weird to me - sorry!

Having the rear windows noticeably darker than the front ones (legal setup) just looks plain weird to me - sorry!

It's common on new cars though - even my wife's Honda Jazz is like that, the rear side windows look completely black. Good for keep the sun off our granddaughter!

Yup I appreciate there are some advantages in sunny weather ... but it just looks wrong to me!

The 'gangster' look is a bit ironic on the Jazz!

I went for a grade 3 on the rear of my cls, 4 is limo tint and too dark. The 3 is very OEM looking

Attachments

• image-1449603923.jpg
    image-1449603923.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 64
Mine was purchased with the windows already tinted and I think the front's are going to need removing. Vision is not good at night with them being so dark.

SNV30460RESIZED_zps713d8625.jpg

Mine has factory privacy, and it's useful for an estate, but at night you have NO idea of what's behind you.

That might be a good thing, as the doubt can slow you down a little...

Mine was purchased with the windows already tinted and I think the front's are going to need removing. Vision is not good at night with them being so dark.

Hard to be sure from a picture but that certainly looks illegal. The amount of tint allowed at the front is pretty slight (the standard factory tint on most cars is on the limit).

I had limo on the rear screen and very dark on the rear doors of my CLS 55. Absolutley hated it. Firstly way too dark and secondly it made the car look like a big hatch back. They got removed completely to leave no tinit at all. I think looks and functionality is a lot better now. I wouldn't be against a light smoke but for me that would be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom