window wind up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Hey ev3ryone... My mums got a W203 facelift and a mates got a W203 pre facelift... As the lock button is held, the windows should automatically close and when open button pressed and held , they should automatically go down... in both these cars it is really tempremental... any idea's?? my W202 post facelift isnt too bad it usually works all the time!

Well, I don't know really. All I can say is that on my pre facelift W202 C200 the "total closure" hardly ever works, even from almost touching the car whereas my facelift W202 C280 total closure seems to work fine most of the time. I think it varies according to the distance the remote is from the car and is designed so that you have to be quite close to the car for it to work. I've heard of it being temperemental before but I've no real idea why. On my C200 it rarely works at all and I simply don't bother trying it.

On both our cars W203 and W208 this only works if the remote is close to the drivers side door handle.
Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Alex

On both our cars W203 and W208 this only works if the remote is close to the drivers side door handle.
Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Alex
Hi buddy thanks for that information! thats what i do on my W202... we've tried it on the W203's and my mums one sorta works when it wants to and ma mates W203 it only done it once in 10 attempts and that only unwound the windows a quatre of the way and back up again! :dk:

nope none of them tinted... all standard... so with the slight blue factory glass tint as they are both Avantgarde

and the batteries in the remote are newish?

If so... I'm out of ideas! (other than maybe loose wire or fuse)... On my W202, mid-facelift they always close... never open though!

M.

Summer Opening will only work via the IR not RF, so the key must be pointed at the driver's handle. < 3' away

There are many posts currently discussing this very temperamental function. I also have times when it will not work, other times it goes every time!!

I was of the opinion it might be to do with the strength of sunlight falling on and interfering with the receiver in the door handle? Or possibly the 'window' in the receiver has become more opaque to IR due to UV hardening?

I wonder if anyone has ever replaced the receiver?

I'd be interested in this too

I have never had a car with remote controls , but on both of my W124's this function 'comfort locking' worked reliably when the key is turned in the lock and held , as appropriate' in the lock or unlock position for a few seconds .

Since you have to go to the car to get in anyway , using the key instead of unreliable remotes is no hardship .

I have never had a car with remote controls , but on both of my W124's this function 'comfort locking' worked reliably when the key is turned in the lock and held , as appropriate' in the lock or unlock position for a few seconds .

Since you have to go to the car to get in anyway , using the key instead of unreliable remotes is no hardship .
yup thats very true! to be honest its not hard to hit a switch before u switch off the car... im not too bothered but my mate is so just trying to find out for him! thanks though buddy

Works on driver and passenger doors on mine, every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom