Window wipers changing settings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kaitlin

Car
Mercedes a180
Hi,
does anyone know if the window wipers on my car are supposed to change settings by themself?
It doesn’t happen all the time but i’m starting to get worried as i was on the motorway in really heavy rain & was worried in case my wipers turned to the lowest setting, because once they do even by turning the switch they still sometimes won’t change or it’ll take a minute before it does, any suggestions please ?

Has your car got rain sensing wipers ? It may be an issue with the sensor unit on the windscreen.

that’s what my dad thinks but i don’t know how to tell? It’s a a180 2017, & even so the switch sometimes doesnt change the setting

The sensor for the wipers can be affected by dirt on the screen, worn wiper blades. I was convinced that mine was faulty and then I changed then I changed the wiper blades and all was well again. As I now understand it if the blades are not clearing the water properly and leaving water behind the sensor goes potty and will run the wipers at full speed or not at all. If your car is under warranty the dealer should be able to help you.

The sensor for the wipers can be affected by dirt on the screen, worn wiper blades. I was convinced that mine was faulty and then I changed then I changed the wiper blades and all was well again. As I now understand it if the blades are not clearing the water properly and leaving water behind the sensor goes potty and will run the wipers at full speed or not at all. If your car is under warranty the dealer should be able to help you.

You’re right i thought my wipers weren’t all that good but with the car being new i didn’t think about buying new ones. I will definitely get some new wiper blades, i didn’t realise they were sensored. Thank you

You’re right i thought my wipers weren’t all that good but with the car being new i didn’t think about buying new ones. I will definitely get some new wiper blades, i didn’t realise they were sensored. Thank you
Halfords will fit them for you sometimes f.o.c if you are lucky..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The wiper switch will have an "Auto" setting marked on it, Automatic wipers are very common. Look through your handbook for an explanation of the functions.

Halfords will fit them for you sometimes f.o.c if you are lucky..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

luckily my dads a mechanic :)
thank you though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom