Window woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffwebb

Car
E55 AMG + Suzuki Burgman 400
I have a 2001 W210 E55. The rear drivers side passenger window has suddenly started to play up. It goes up but doesn't want to stop at “closed” and tries to keep going up with a resulting banging noise. Any ideas fellahs please? Regards, Jeff.

Hi
Have you had the battery disconnected of late ?, i read somewhere that if battery disconnected, after reconnection you have to re teach the electric windows, this by holding window switch down when fully up for about 5 seconds, just a thought

It is called normalisation of the windows, process is as described in the last post.

Not sure that this is the problem. In the past, after disconnecting the battery, the windows have worked normally without “normalisation” except for the “one touch” function. I'm afraid if I hold my finger on the up button for 5 seconds, something is going to break. It seems that whatever tells the window it is fully closed is not working.☹️

How long does the banging last, in seconds?

Dec

Not sure that this is the problem. In the past, after disconnecting the battery, the windows have worked normally without “normalisation” except for the “one touch” function. I'm afraid if I hold my finger on the up button for 5 seconds, something is going to break. It seems that whatever tells the window it is fully closed is not working.☹️

I saw this on wheeler dealers, exact same thing you mention the noise when closed. Was a few teeth damaged on the window regulator mechanism and whole unit needed to be changed.

Try the reset first and see what happens then get the door card off and have a look would be my next thought

As above, however the regulator can be repaired by running a line of weld over the teeth and carefully grinding the weld into "teeth"again,
It may only be one or two teeth that need reprofiled,once done the fixed job will outlast the car,it's not hard as the teeth are rather agricultural and easy profiled,if when you take the regulator out you feel it won't fix,you can just replace it anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom