Windows 10 Start Menu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Windows 10 start menu is mis-behaving
Works normally for a few hours then left clicking on the windows icon bottom left of the screen has no effect.
Right clicking still works.
Any ideas for a solution please.

It does that sometimes on certain machines - including my own.

I suspect it needs ironing out in future patches.

You could get a Mac but I can guarantee you they are as problematic as Windows sometimes.

Those who disagree don't have to support them for a living.

Stratman's post with the link is very useful. My wife's PC does this every couple of weeks. I found the instruction in that link that fixes it for her (for a couple of weeks :mad:) is as follows:

Launch the Task manager and open a new PowerShell window with administrative privileges (from the "File" menu, "Run new task", type in "powershell" (without the quotes), and tick the "Create this task with administrative privileges" button).

When the Windows PowerShell window opens copy the line below and paste it into the PowerShell window by simply right-clicking at the blinking PowerShell C:\WINDOWS\system32> prompt, or by pressing [Ctrl] + [V] on the keyboard:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait until the app download and installation process completes (a couple of minutes) — ignore any red text that appears — and restart Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom