Windows 7 phone problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Recently got a free sim card.
Father in law having problem with his pay as you go phone.
Solution was o give him the free sim card in my old Nokia Lumia 800 running windows 7.
Set it up as he needed it (bearing in mind he is nearly 80!).
Next day SWMBO decided he needed an email account on it. Rather than use the microsoft account I had created for him to use Marketplace app store she decided to try to set up gmail:doh:
Obviously hasn't got it set up right as it is permanently trying to syncronise/download something (or nothing) and the battery expires in less than half a day.

Can't find any way to delete the gmail account.
Anyone know how to either delete the account or set it up correctly?

Can you not go into settings and do a restore, had similar with my Lumia 640 windows phone , of course it will erase all your settings .

Can you not go into settings and do a restore, had similar with my Lumia 640 windows phone , of course it will erase all your settings .

Yes, could do that. Shame gmail can't just be deleted though:dk:

Settings > System > Email + Accounts on a lower model Nokia Lumia.

See if there is an entry for it - then press and hold to bring up the DELETE option.

Otherwise is there an App for it which can be deleted?

Settings > System > Email + Accounts on a lower model Nokia Lumia.

See if there is an entry for it - then press and hold to bring up the DELETE option.

Otherwise is there an App for it which can be deleted?

Tried deleting the app, but no option for delete. He took the phone home earlier to recharge, all we could do at the time was to stop gmail trying to automatically search for downloads.
He will be back tomorrow and I'll try your first suggestion, otherwise I'll end up doing a factory reset again

If you press and hold on the app - that may work.

I don't use a NL by the way - my other half has one but nothing like that model...

If you press and hold on the app - that may work.

I don't use a NL by the way - my other half has one but nothing like that model...

Press & hold didn't give a delete option.
He hasn't showed up yet so maybe the changes made last night worked.

Bearing in mind it's a free sim card & simple to use phone, it should suit him better than the old PAYG antique phone he had (which swallowed 3 x £10 credit over the last couple of months for no apparent reason). But he left here last night saying that if it didn't hold it's charge he would go to tesco & get a new windows phone on a £7.50/month contract - that's for someone who makes 2 or 3 calls a month:doh:

There's no helping some people.

There's no helping some people.
Yep, solutions have to be immediate when you have so few years left on the planet:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom