Windows 7 picture editing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
When a jpg file is opened, you used to be able to right click and then select "open with" from the menu in XP, but Windows 7 doesn't seem to offer this feature. Instead, I have to right click on the thumb nail, rather than the opened image, to get this menu. Is it me or Microsoft that have missed something here please?

Not sure I quite understand what you mean..

Right click the file or thumbnail and select open with, just as before. If you simply left click it will open with the default program associated with .jpg You can change the association via Control Panel

The option has always only come up when you right click on the file icon or thumbnail as whitenemesis said. It also comes up when previewing the image with windows photo viewer.

Last edited:
The option has always only come up when you right click on the file icon or thumbnail as whitenemesis said. It also comes up when previewing the image with windows photo viewer.

Thank you both. I was using MS Office Picture Manager, for some reason, and that program won't give that option on an opened file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom