Windows edge chromium causing pc to freeze

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
So, my pc recently updated to the newer version of Windows Edge Chromium & I'm now running Windows 10 Pro version1909 build 18363.1556.

My machine has an AMD 8 core processor which is cooled by an 'Artic Cooler' & 32gb Ram.

Since install it keeps freezing & I get a message 'waiting for cache' I've tried many things such as flushing the dns & stopping the machine writing cache to my ssd.

Has anyone else suffered from this problem? & if so how did you overcome it

Things to try
Update the OS to 20H2
Uninstall then reinstall Edge
If the issue still persists, disable any AV you have and retest, I have seen that MaleWareBytes does create this exactly problem.

Things to try
Update the OS to 20H2
Uninstall then reinstall Edge
If the issue still persists, disable any AV you have and retest, I have seen that MaleWareBytes does create this exactly problem.
Thank you, Mark, just installed 20H2 & hopefully, this will overcome the problem. I really appreciate your help 7 assistance again thank you David

To be fair, EDGE is alright now and is more compatible with Office products than Chrome etc + it runs on Chromium, so looks/acts virtually the same as Chrome now.

It's also generally less resource hungry and dare I say it, less intrusive? The King is dead, long live the King.

Thank you to all, the latest updates (21H now)& increasing the size of the temp files folder from the installed 250 up to1244 resolved the issue. Happy Days Again

Just as an update to you all, after a week or so of teething problems & several updates the new version of Windows Edge (Chromium) is working well without problem.
Thank you to all of you who responded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom