Windows Mobile 5.0 vs Pocket PC 2003 SE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Anyone got experience of both or care to comment?

I'm looking at a Windows-based mobile device. Possibly an I-mate K-Jam (WM5) or an older SP3 (Pocket PC 2003 SE).

I know there are members who have an O2 XDA. How are you finding the opsys?

TIA,

David

The Imate Jam is only GPRS IIRC, personally I'd be holding out for something 3G.

I've had both.

Despite all of the hype surrounding the new WM5 operating system, in real terms it's not a lot different on the same applications. It managed memory differently, but I didn't notice. WM5 is a little prettier, crashes a little less, better battery life on the same device.

The K-Jam is a great piece of kit. I'd suggest that you try to get your hands on one to try out.

I'm on the fence with 3G. I used 3G data for a year, and whilst it's a little quicker than GPRS, it's still costly and chews batteries. Might suit others though.

The *BEST* feature of WM5 is that if your battery goes flat you do not lose all your data, and do not have to set the whole thing up again!

I had one of those Orange C500, real pain in the neck as I use my phone so rarely the battery was for ever going. Now got a nice shiney M5000 battery still goes :) but at least I don't have to set it up again each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom