Windows open on unlock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG94

Car
2020 C300DE AMG Line Premium Night Edition.
Quick, and probably daft question.
Sometimes when I unlock the car, the windows open slightly.
They initially open by about 1 inch, and then close slightly to about 1cm.
I can’t fathom the precise conditions that cause this, and it doesn’t happen every time.
Is this related to the pre entry climate control maybe?

I don’t like it :-(
I often have to go and grab tools and parts from the car, and when they open like this they don’t close again when I lock it, I have to close them manually or press and hold. I know that’s hardly a chore, but a couple of times I’ve not noticed them open and then the car has been stood for a time (3 hours in one case) with the windows ajar in public car parks.

Any reason for this? Can I disable it?

Thanks.

It is called comfort locking , it is in the manual

Thanks for your help, but I’m familiar with comfort locking and that’s not it.

It’s almost like it thinks it’s a soft top and the windows are opening slightly like they do.

Any other suggestions?

You could try resetting the windows - manual down , then press to auto position for 10 seconds , then manual up and press to auto position for 10 seconds - this reprogrammes the memory of where the fully open and closed positions are . At worst will do no harm .

Thanks. Will give that a go. :)

It’s very weird. It doesn’t do it every time, and I can’t establish what set of circumstances make it do it.
I press the unlock button once, I don’t hold it, or, I unlock it via the app, the windows all open by 1 inch, then close again so they are only open by around 1cm.

I’m waiting for a call back from MB, It must be a ‘function’ of some sort, but I can’t find any reference to it in the manual or online.
:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom