Windows Steaming up????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ET4

Car
S203 C200K Avantgarde SE
I get in my C240 and the windows are all clear..

I turn the key and the windows start to mist up?? The air seems to be humid aswell . . ? It clears after a minute or so..

Anybody out there with any ideas?

Maybe I should scroll down the threads a bit more before I post a new one . . . .
Lynall seems to be having the same problem.

Me thinks some investigation is needed :)

That happens on my S-class. The windows are cold and the aircon pumps warmer air initially, so it steams up a bit. Then the aircon really kicks in and it clears just as fast as it steamed up. I don't think there's anything to worry about?

Q.

Yours is just he buidl up of humidity on the air con evaporator since switching off. When you switch back on it blows out water vapour which condenses on the screen.
Try running with no air con for a few days.

I get in my C240 and the windows are all clear..

I turn the key and the windows start to mist up?? The air seems to be humid aswell . . ? It clears after a minute or so..

Anybody out there with any ideas?
Hi,

I have had this problem too,on my C180K.I took it to my MB Dealership,whom used one of those disinfecting treatments,but the problem keeps reoccuring and it is as you say,a slightly a slightly sweaty,humid smell,even though I am trying to run the car's A/C every day to dehumidify the car.I have cleared all the drain channels around the bonnet/windscreen,as these are prone to blocking with leaves etc - to no avail and have felt around the inside wells of the car - and they seem dry,will check the boot though.The misting,or moisture/fogging appears,sometimes after I have been in the car for 15 minutes,or more and takes quite a long time to clear on a high fan stting - I do not want to spend money,needlessly having the aircon overhauled,only to find I still have the problem- could it be that the door seals are just to efficient ?

I had this in my C220 from new. If you have the standard thermatic (not sure about the luxury digital version) make sure the blower speed is never left on zero - even when you have the unit set in auto mode....It worked for me.

Cheers
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom