Windows Updates has crashed my desk top for good, am I the only one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
It seems that Windows updates has broken my desk top computer, anyone else had the same problem.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

It seems that Windows updates has broken my desk top computer, anyone else had the same problem.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yes.

If you can get back to a restore point then all may be good and well (though watch for the troublesome update reoccuring ....)

I've seen two systems that ended up needing fresh installs this year. Pretty sure both were caused by updates going bad.

I have had some strange things after updates but shutting down and restarting has usually solved the problem.
What's wrong with yours?

Mine crashed after the latest update but restarted and it seams to have reset itself

Mine went down the other week, the recovery stated my Windows disc was too old - so it was a fresh install and 300+ updates, I still have not got round to setting it up as it was.

POS

If you can go back to a restore point, do that and then choose two updates at a time and reboot, you should find that they will all go through with no issues.

I was using Vista, When I try and start the computer it informs me it has to check disc "C" which has a fault. Thinking of getting my pickax out on the tower and do a little payback aggression and replace it.

I was using Vista, When I try and start the computer it informs me it has to check disc "C" which has a fault.

I think Vista does that if you previously did not properly shut down the computer, such as pulling the plug out or turned off with power button.

I was using Vista, When I try and start the computer it informs me it has to check disc "C" which has a fault. Thinking of getting my pickax out on the tower and do a little payback aggression and replace it.

If it's a problem caused by the update then it won't be a hardware fault (unless something else has happened coincidentally) but one or more of the key system files needed to boot the system will have been messed up.

You need to boot using your system's recovery partition (if it has one), recovery disks, or an original OS disk.

You then should have an option to repair or get to the recovery console.

If you end up having to work with the recovery console then google for Microsoft's instructions on things to try.

This last Tuesday update also crashed my PC back to Blue Screen and reading the info on the screen, somehow seemed to have interfered with memory management. A simple reboot got it back to working OK and I notice that last night MS released another update. Maybe the Tuesday version had not been properly structured ......... ?

I ditched Windows as my home operating system 10 years ago and never looked back.. :)

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom