Windscreen chip repair? Use Glass Doctors!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

npuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
A180 CDI Avantgarde SE (2008)
I needed to have a small chip in the windscreen repaired and also had a previous poorly carried out repair done by my insurers nominated windscreen repairer National Windscreens done back in March that needed sorting out. The chip was rough, still visible and not see through.

After spending time searching I came across a company called Glass Doctors who were recommended on a few car forums.

Glass Doctors UK Windscreen Repair not Windshield Replacement

Pictures attached. 1st picture of the repair National had done and the 2nd of Glass Doctors repair and how it should have been done in the first place.

The difference is amazing. The chip is alot less noticeable now and would probably be barely visible if I had it repaired by them in the first instance.

I would highly recommend them if they cover your area. David is a friendly bloke and explained exactly what he was doing. Quality of the work is top and the prices are good. They either bill your insurer direct or you will get a receipt and a form to claim the cost back from your insurer (assuming you have a fully comp policy with glass cover). :thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF7462.JPG
    DSCF7462.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF7463.JPG
    DSCF7463.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Thanks for this. I have a chip that needs looking at, so will give them a call. Their website makes an impressive case, and I like the fact that they're very up-front about their charges.

The only thing that's a little hard to swallow is that they charge £10 to cover the £8 congestion charge, especially if they apply this to every customer within the zone that is visited by the same van in the course of a day. But at least they've stated it in black and white.

My Grumpy Old Man bit for today..... so far.

Isn't that the way of things these days though... an £8 charge and £2 for the admin time involved in paying it.

Disregarding for the moment the multiple visits within the actual zone of course.

You're probably right, but I'd expect this either to be absorbed as a business overhead, or at least for them to state that they're charging £2 on top and why.

I'd almost be tempted to say that, on principle, I'd pay the charge myself when the van turned up, but in all honesty, for the sake of £2 I probably wouldn't bother making a fuss about it. And that's probably how they get away with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom