Windscreen frost cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fredfoxuk2

Car
CLA 200 Coupe (C118)
Any recommendations for a cover for the windscreen on a CLA Coupe? I've had one for years that tucks inside the door frame, but the CLA doesn't have a door frame, and the glass doesn't seat properly with the cover tucked in, the material is very thick. I've seen a few that clip onto the wheels, but that's going to be a dirty job in the dark.
When I go into work, I leave at 5am, so really don't want to spend ages running the car, scraping ice and waking the neighbours up.

Any recommendations for a cover for the windscreen on a CLA Coupe? I've had one for years that tucks inside the door frame, but the CLA doesn't have a door frame, and the glass doesn't seat properly with the cover tucked in, the material is very thick. I've seen a few that clip onto the wheels, but that's going to be a dirty job in the dark.
When I go into work, I leave at 5am, so really don't want to spend ages running the car, scraping ice and waking the neighbours up.
A thin plastic sheet should do it.

Bloody hell. I feel like my brain is turning to mush these last couple of months, that's such an obvious idea I should have thought of that. We got one of those memory foam "toppers" a couple of days ago, and it came wrapped up in some really good plastic sheeting, which would be great to cover the windscreen.......
I'll shuffle off in shame now .........:wallbash:

With my cla i always have de icer in the boot aswell so i can spray the bottom of the drivers window as it drops when you open the door

I keep a plastic watering can indoors near the front door and fill it with tap water, left overnight it’s tepid enough to clear the screen, no fuss, no noise, sorted.

Plastic sheet cut to size and on the car. I'll see how it goes in the morning.

A piece of hessian-backed (not foam, as that can freeze on the screen!) carpet cut to size doesn’t move far, so I’ve never anchored mine.
eminently sensible, though doesn't really fold nicely in the boot, if required.

Newspaper/blanket is a nightmare if it gets wet before freezing :eek: I had a thin nylon cover once, but I put it in the boot once defrosted it introduced moisture into the car (estate) , Everyone has their own solution to this problem , some keep the car in a garage, some have not even got a garage to throw the frosty piece of cut off carpet into....

Maybe MB should have invented the heated windscreen. My brand new 1988 Ford Orion1.6i had one as does my mates Transit van, what's the deal with that ? If it was a Ford patented surely it has expired/bought out by now ? 🤷‍♂️

No ford still own the patternt my jag has 1 whitch is linked to ford but also my wife's cooper s had 1,which isn't associated with ford?

Plastic sheet worked fine, now got an ice scraper and de-icer in the boot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom