Windscreen jets dribbling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jordan12291257

Car
Mercedes CLA
Hi All,

I have a Mercedes CLA 220 and I am having problems with cleaning my Windscreens. During the cold times of January and Feb I noticed my washer fluid wasn't coming out properly front and back windscreen. I assumed this may be because it was frozen, however when it started getting warmer it still wasn't working. I have had no messages telling me to refill the screenwash, however I added some more anyway in case it was a faulty sensor. Now when I try to clean my windscreens it dribbles out even though I put well enough screenwash in? Please could anybody help me?

Thanks

Jordan

Hi All,

I have a Mercedes CLA 220 and I am having problems with cleaning my Windscreens. During the cold times of January and Feb I noticed my washer fluid wasn't coming out properly front and back windscreen. I assumed this may be because it was frozen, however when it started getting warmer it still wasn't working. I have had no messages telling me to refill the screenwash, however I added some more anyway in case it was a faulty sensor. Now when I try to clean my windscreens it dribbles out even though I put well enough screenwash in? Please could anybody help me?

Thanks

Jordan
Could be the washer motor on it’s way out, Try removing the outlet hose from the motor and operate the washers to see what pressure your getting, Had the same issue with my Vito, Genuine merc washer motors are pricie Febi bilstein are a good aftermarket alternative.

I had a (now gone) 2017 E Class which had the same issues, the newer car jest etc are very fine apparently and easily gunge up, some washer fluids are particularly bad for this I had mine cleaned out two or three times in the four years I had my car.
The dealer did it FOC when it was in for service.

Hi All,

Thanks

Jordan
On my B Class it was a blocked filter at the reservoir, think it’s the same for a number of models. I had to remove the wheel arch liner, pull the pump out of its socket/grommet them pull the grommet out. The filter is incorporated into the grommet and can be cleaned out or replaced with a new one.

On my B Class it was a blocked filter at the reservoir, think it’s the same for a number of models. I had to remove the wheel arch liner, pull the pump out of its socket/grommet them pull the grommet out. The filter is incorporated into the grommet and can be cleaned out or replaced with a new one.
Mine blocked again. Took the grommet out and cleaned it (lots of gunge) but the washers are still not great. New grommet on order from MB Newcastle, £4.65. Part number is A0019987301.

Wife’s BMW had the same issue caused by a reaction of non bmw and forecourt cheap washer fluid in the reservoir,

As mentioned above, wheel off, liner out, bottle off, pump and pick up cleaned of white sludgy gunge, reassemble, 3 hours work.

A quick fix would be to take the line off under the bonnet where it goes into the jet and blow down the line ( take the top off the reservoir first ) this will to some extent blow the junk out the pickup, however unless you can syphon the tank out by inserting a line down into the reservoir it will block up fairly fast again) but this will determine if the pumps shagged or the pickup is indeed blocked

Hope that helps

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom