windscreen mist after heater matrix change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rsweeney

Car
Mercedes 300CE
Just finished changing the heater marix on my friends Mercedes 300CE.
The air coming out is getting nice and hot , although there is some steam coming out the vents that smells of coolant.

I can clear the screen by leaving the heaters on but wondered if i can put this down to old coolant residue in the air ducting ?

ah dam well i seriously hope not i have done things carefully enoung thats for sure.

I guess its best to drive it a bit over the next few days and pay close attention to the coolant level?

I cant see where i have gone wrong though the matrix was ordered from hella so had to be shipped from germanys and is oem spec. I used new seals with the three coolant pipes leading to it -

I guess im going to have to wait and see

If the old matrix was leaking then there could be water in the housing and ducting, if not, suspect the new matrix or connections.

a late reply but this turned out to be a pin hole in the aluminium pipe running from the bottom of the matrix. the hole was directed towards the passengers side which explains why the passengers side misted up mega quick in comparison to the drivers side.

I dont know if i will be able to order a new part but will try the dealer over here and see what they can do

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom