Windscreen seal causing leak ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pedderd

Car
E270CDi
Hi all

Only noticed this weekend (heavy rain overnight) that there was water coming in above the rear view mirror. W211 270CDI, 53 plate.

Not had this before, but only had car for 6 months and through summer. There was enough water to drip from the overhead light controls onto the rear view mirror and down. Also enough to soak a small corner of roof lining to the right of the controls. I think I also noticed a couple of drips on the right hand side of the windscreen, but I suppose this could have run under the head lining.

So, as I don't have a sunroof, I can only assume that the seal around the front windscreen is leaking. Are these one's bonded in ?

Anyone with any advice ? I was going to ring autoglass, or my local indy, but thought I would check here first. Service due in 1000 miles, so it is a simple re-sealing, then I could try to hang on.

Thanks all

I had a problem when my windscreen was replaced by Autoglass.

The bonding had not taken on the driver's side resulting in a footwell full of water when it rained. Most modern windscreens are bonded, and you cannot always get them out in one piece.

They initially denied that they were the problem, but when pushed, they sent a guy to refit the windscreen who told me that it does sometimes happen. Windscreen refitted and paddling pool disappeared.

Must be the windscreen. Needs to be cut out and rebonded as you say.

I have EXACTL the same problem..........but I have a sunroof..... However, drain holes are clear as I poured water down the gutter and it came out behind the footwell. Any suggestions??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom