Windscreen trim Wind Noise (W204 2013)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glass88

Car
220D C CLass 2013
Hi all,

Hope everyone is a well.

Recently purchased a 2013 220d C Class. Loving the car, but noticing the wind noise is really intrusive around the windscreen area. Never something I've had with previous cars.

It seems to be coming from each of the windscreen trims that go along each side of the windscreen and at the top of the car.

Pictures attached. It might be hard to see but it doesn't seem that they sit flush against the windscreen and there is a small gap between the rubber and the windscreen.

Is this normal, or as they supposed to be flush against the windscreen?

Should there be some adhesive which sticks the rubber to the windscreen?

Have been looking to see other C Classes W204 in car parks when out shopping but haven't seen any to have a look. Plus, I don't want the owner coming over whilst I'm peering over their bonnet!

Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20201116_131150089.jpg
    PXL_20201116_131150089.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20201116_131157222.jpg
    PXL_20201116_131157222.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 16
I'll check mine when I get a chance, however Mine has a fair old bit of wind noise to, mine seems to becoming from behind through maybe the passenger door. or maybe the noise is being thrown that way.
Although it doesn't bother me to much I would have though these should be free of any significant wind noise given the type of car they are. ;-)

Appreciate that. I read a lot about the pre face lift having a fair bit of wind noise due to the mirror designs but this was apparently fixed in the facelift.

I have put tape on top of the rubber and on the windscreen from top to bottom and gone for a run on the motorway and it has helped a little.

I just wondered if it was normal that they didn't sit right against the windscreen and there was a small gap.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is a well.

Recently purchased a 2013 220d C Class. Loving the car, but noticing the wind noise is really intrusive around the windscreen area. Never something I've had with previous cars.

It seems to be coming from each of the windscreen trims that go along each side of the windscreen and at the top of the car.

Pictures attached. It might be hard to see but it doesn't seem that they sit flush against the windscreen and there is a small gap between the rubber and the windscreen.

Is this normal, or as they supposed to be flush against the windscreen?

Should there be some adhesive which sticks the rubber to the windscreen?

Have been looking to see other C Classes W204 in car parks when out shopping but haven't seen any to have a look. Plus, I don't want the owner coming over whilst I'm peering over their bonnet!

Thanks.
The rubber should fit flush to the windscreen. I had a similar problem with a gap between the screen and rubber after having a new screen fitted and and the wind noise was awful. Although the fitters attempted to fix it using double sided foam tape between the gap that solved the wind noise issue it looked a botch job. In the end they replaced the outer A pillars complete with new rubbers - this was on an SL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom