Windscreen Washer Addative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fred_raven

Car
2010 s350 cdi
Which washer would you recomend - used Holts in the past but dont think its any better than plain water - what other makes do you guys use?

Not used it myself - but several people on here have mentioned that the proper MB screenwash is supposed to be very good :)

I've tended to use what I have in the garage, I think it was Holts or one of the other generic brands, works for me although I tend to use a lot more during the winter.

Trying to think why I haven't been using much recently, probably because of the weather that we have had these last few months and the fact that the car gets cleaned most weekends anyway! :D

Will

Holts + RainX and Bosch Wipers !!!!

MB windscreen washer is supposed to be the best and thats what is in the car (got topped up from last service) but i use the Halfords screen washer (Winter Mix) in the Sprinter and that is very good too... (value for money I would say...)

Esso branded screenwash concentrate (red/pink colour) at the last fill up - seems to have kept the bugs at bay ok.

When I wash the car by hand I use Stardrops on the windows - excellent stuff.

Laz
--

I always use the MB one. No streaks, no judder, no shadow, no smell, nice pink colour.

fred_raven said:
Which washer would you recomend - used Holts in the past but dont think its any better than plain water - what other makes do you guys use?

I use good old standard washing up liquid! Works a treat for me!

Alfie said:
Probably highly effective at removing grease and leaving a pleasant shine etc, murder on the paintwork though :rolleyes:

i use simoniz stuff from costco. £2.90 for 5 litres of concentrate. works for me in both cars well.

Used to use Autoglym, have about half a dozen bottles of MB stuff in my garage now, can't fault it.

Alfie said:
:confused:
That is full of salt though,with the rust issues on some Mercs i would not use it

Always used the MB stuff,never had any problems with it and quite cheap :)

Use the MB stuff as well, hard to beat.

Really rate the MB stuff. Old parts guy used to give it to me for free. New parts guy charged me. Maybe that's why the old one left ...or was asked to leave!!

must admit I always used to just get the cheapest gallon container that lasted a couple of years - never really noticed whether it was much good or not - if it smelled strong it seemed to be ok ;)

but today I will give the MB stuff a go - and we'll 'see' how it performs . . . :cool:

Must say best i ever used was few years back - worked in an engineering co. and was sent a free sample of a lab. glass cleaner called micro - had no use for it at work so used it in my washer bottle - got the windscreen so clean the wipers screeched after 3 or 4 wipes - but wouldnt know how to get hold of the stuff now :(

got the MB screenwasher additive yesterday - £3.60 for half a litre of pretty pink fluid :eek: with no dilution information :confused:

I guess I put the whole bottle in my W202

I hope its good compared to previous £3.99 for 5 litres at Auto Discount shop ;)

grasmere said:
got the MB screenwasher additive yesterday - £3.60 for half a litre of pretty pink fluid :eek: with no dilution information :confused:
Hmm, they usually put a squirt in with 5 litres of water. The pink stuff is for summer use with optional blue antifreeze stuff for winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom