Windscreen Washer Water Jet Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjbarber281

Car
CLK 63
Hi all, can anyone help with my issue, I cannot seem to adjust my windscreen washer jet on my CLK W209, its the jet with the slit at the bottom and pin hole above it, I have attached a pic of one but I cannot see how these adjust so wondered is their a tool to do this, Ive tried a pin and small screwdriver and neither seems to work and the water is just coming out without any pressure and the passenger side one works fine or do I have to just replace it as the water just makes it onto the bottom of the screen so could there be a pump problem and do they have separate pumps. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 17
Have you check if there is a split in the hose leading up to the jet assembly? I normally adjust my jet with a pin, and I once purchased a very expensive jet adjustment tool from KLANN which was very sturdy but lost it very soon due to its small size!

You need to remove it and try to clear it out. I was unable to despite having a compressor to blast it with. My drivers side was 'weak' but still worked, I swapped it with the passenger side nozzle. They look different but are easily swapped from left to right with a bit of manipulation. I will buy a new nozzle for the passenger side at some point, but is not an issue at the moment.

Repeat : Do not buy the tool shown above. It will not fit your washer nozzle.

Apols, I wasn't clear enough; my point was to illustrate that MB make dedicated jet adjusters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom