Windscreen wiper relays R129 SL500 1994

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john w

:(Does anyone know the location of the relays controlling the windscreen wipers - specifically intermittant control. As wipers on my car work ok except on intermittant mode, where they park in different postions all over the windscreen. Changed wiper motor to no avail, everything else on the stalk switch works fine - Please Help!:wallbash:

It’s number 2 in the picture, I’m nearly sure that it also is used for the indicators so put on your indicators and touch the relay to feel/listen for the click that the relay makes.
Then try your intermittent wiper, you should also feel/listen for the relay click

Dec

I shall try this tomorrow as my wipers when on intermittent stop where ever they feel like........ Mine is an R129 also...

It’s number 2 in the picture, I’m nearly sure that it also is used for the indicators so put on your indicators and touch the relay to feel/listen for the click that the relay makes.
Then try your intermittent wiper, you should also feel/listen for the relay click

Dec[ /QUOTE]

thanks for the info Dec gonna have another look at the weekend must get it sorted its driving me mad !

Relay from GSF is £47 special order as not held in stock...£87 at MB so a bit cheaper....not ordered it yet though

The N10/2 and K26 relays should be taken out, contacts cleaned, and replaced. I managed to find the N10/2 relay under the cover behind the fuses by removing the 4 visable screws. I have yet to find the K26 relay on my R129 SL280. It improved my own problems of the same nature when I cleaned the relay contacts within the N10/2 relay with switch cleaner...but as I said the search continues for the K26 relay....

A solution to the N10/2 Wiper Relay problem that worked

There is no K26 relay that I can find on the SL280 R129 1994 model but I have finally had a Eurika moment this evening on my wiper/washer/indicator/high beam flash Relay issue. I once again had the wiper problem on a journey this last weekend that left me with NO wipers, washers, high beam flash and of an occasion no indicators either... I took the N10/2 relay out and apart once more an renewed the soldering in paricular on all of the train track connector positions / pin to board positions and replaced the part...all to no avail.

What did work, and I had checked the fuses before, was to get a screwdriver (engine on, wiper in position one on the stalk) and tap the top of each fuse followed by each holder top and back to the fuse once more (several times on each fuse all the way down the block) in a downward fashion. At fuse 8 the wipers started to work once more, I continued all the way down through all the fuses with this motion and when I sat back into the car...heh presto...all functions work as they should once more. No N10/2 purchase required thankfully because it is a mother of a price to purchase.

I am not saying that this will fix all issues with the relay but I seem to be lucky and it might help someone with a similar problem. Time to tap the fuses was about 2 mins and it is worth trying before you spend the 2 mins unscrewing the relay compartment.:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom