Windscreen Wipers Motor Cover Panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toolman1954

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2006 320 CDI Avantgarde . 1997 312d Sprinter
Hello,
I am looking for a part number please for the Windscreen Wiper Motor Cover, for my new to me E320 CDI Estate in Obsidian Black. The year of manufacture is Sept 2005, and first Reg on March 1st 2006 .
The vin number for the beast is WDB2112222A865571 and it has the OM642 V6 fitted.
I bought this car In April, with almost 76,000 miles on it, to replace my 2003 320 CDI that had 265,000 miles on it.
I had no intention of replacing the 2003 car, it was still running fine but the black one was just such low mileage, I just had to have it.
It had been standing a while and used very little, and to be honest was not running well when I first took it up the motorway to Fife from Northampton. There was no kickdown and the engine would not rev very well. Fortunately on that first journey I was able to use the manual part of the autobox to change down and 2000 rpm was sufficient to propel the car at 70 +. I changed the boost pressure sensor ( which had no effect) and was then going to change the MAFs until I found out how expensive the Batwing sensor component was. I gave all the joints a good squirt of some spay oil, especially the orange connector to turbo joint., and also checked the EGR assembly, but this was not clogged up. On my next motorway trip, everything seemed a lot better, engine would rev and there was some kickdown, I think giving it a good long run has helped. I now have new orange seals and a turbo pipe seal, and when I get time, I will replace these. Also, I really want to delve deeper and have a look at the swirl flaps and make sure they are functioning ok.
Sadly this car is a bit devoid of toys compared to the old one. No Airmatic, no four way climate control, no seat adjustment on the door, but I can live without these.
Anyway, because it had been standing unused, some of the rubber items have suffered and I need to replace the Wiper Motor Cover. This is different to the old car, with the IL6 in it, otherwise I would have swapped them.
On Ebay, listed is A21183300113 for 2002-2008 but this would be for an IL6, also listed are some from Lithuania A2118300613 and 0513, but these I suspect will be left hand drive vehicles and of no use t o me. The genuine original part will no doubt be a suck in through the teeth job. Also the weatherstrip at the top of the tailgate has also suffered and needs replacing. Ultimately, I will no doubt have to phone the chap at Newcastle parts, and get him to list them on Ebay for me.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Steve.

Attachments

• mercedes-e320-estate-diesel-3073c4d59d6f.jpg
    mercedes-e320-estate-diesel-3073c4d59d6f.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 1
Based on your VIN, the following part numbers apply:

Cover - A2118301313

Rear weatherstrip is one piece ( I assume you mean the rubber seal that goes all round) - A2117401178

Hi,
Thanks very much for your prompt reply. Sadly the present cheapie used cover on Ebay, will not fit, I had already presumed that this was for the IL6, so no loss there.
So now the search begins....Thanks again...

Regards Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom