Windshield water spray has no pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pampos

Car
Mercedes
Hi guys,

thanks in advance for all your help, Last few days I noticed that my CLA 220 2014 water injection for the windshield, not sure how you guys call it in english, has no much pressure and it's like it's out of water.. I only filled it with water and famozo a couple of days ago, but it seems to misfunctioning. Also after pressing the button for this injection it starts throwing water on the front lights... Can someone explain me how this works? Any idea what could be the issue?

Video: https://streamable.com/zhoh68

1589374643844.png

can i find out more details on this? my car is CLA 220 9/2014.

Most likely your washer jets are blocked. Try cleaning them out with something thin (don’t use a toothpick), or buy new ones.

Newer Mercs have the headlight washers and windscreen washers on the same circuit. The headlight washers are delayed, I think they only active on a long press of the windscreen washers (saves on windscreen fluid). You should find that you don’t have a button for headlight washers on your dash.

Had a similar problem on the Jeep a while back. Bought a new motor ready to fit, took it apart to find it was just a blocked filter on the pump inlet. It was clogged with some sort of disgusting black slime. Cleaned it out and all was well.

Sometimes you will find mould or fungus in the water bottle and this blocks the pump .

If possible, put a hose all the way down into the bottle , and leave it running to wash out the bottle . Good luck .

North or South Cyprus? I have a friend in Nicosia.

I am from the Greek side of course. My mother is from Nicosia but we live in Limassol. And i have a few friends in Scotland too, i was in Edinburgh last summer.

I have done this a few days ago for ~1 min but didn't actually noticed something better. Currently at the moment I click the spraying i'ts coming out with some decent pressure for like less than 0.5 seconds and then it goes back to almost no pressure at all.... what might this mean?

Reactions: 219
EPC shows separate pumps, check them. Circuits seem to be separate too. If there is no leak either pump is blocked, short circuited (electrical system goes fails safe mode) or control is not good.
older models you could swap electrical connectors of pumps, might be same here (rules out control signal problem), or blockrd line.

I think it is due to ‘stuff’ floating around in the bottle and blocking the pump when you try to use it . I have seen this many times .

it is like paper , a sort of fungus that seems to grow in the water .

hence you get water for a second or so until the pump gets blocked . There is nothing wrong with your pump or your washers . You need to get the bottle cleaned out .

I see from your picture that your bottle is hidden down below ; the best thing to try is to see if you can put a hose all the way in , down to the bottom , and leave water running for a while to see if it will flush all the stuff out . Otherwise you need to take the bottle out of the car to clean it .

My friend is on the northern ( Turkish ) side .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom