Wing mirrior indicators malfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

minian

wing mirror indicators have become more and more intermittent. Possible broken wires, any tips on repairing

Is it a new car,old car,big car,small car,jap,euro,german,what colour is it.
We have several Clairvoyants on the forum,I feel sure one will be with you shortly.:D

Put 'Faulty indicators' into the search box at the top right of the screen,there are threads that may help

WOODYTHEWISE said:
Is it a new car,old car,big car,small car,jap,euro,german,what colour is it.
We have several Clairvoyants on the forum,I feel sure one will be with you shortly.:D

Whoops, yes good point. E220. 54 plate

Do you use the auto fold option? If so, then chances are it'll be broken wires. Pretty simple to fix - remove mirror housing, unclip harness from front door module (behind the small panel on the door card), then fire up the soldering iron - it's very easy to spot broken wires by feeling along the length for the break.

Oh, and once fixed, don't use the fold option unless you have to!

90 quid to repair at MB if they can or 300 quid for new mirrors.

Not sure if auto electricians any cheaper?

My drivers one will not tilt in the downwards direction and the pax side has also just started playing up.

E320 cdi 2004

I had the same problem on my E500 - it's very easy to fix with a soldering iron!!

Thanks fella's. I do use the fold option ( did ). Any advise on removing the housing?

Thanks fella's. I do use the fold option ( did ). Any advise on removing the housing?

You fold the mirror in (yes, I know the irony!) then get a flat blade screwdriver in the little hole between the casing and the black mirror moulding. You need to feel for the clip (about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way along the mirror) and unclip it.

The first time you do it, it can be frustrating and take ages - once you get the hang of it, it takes seconds!

Thanks mtc_cars. All fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom