Wing mirror gasket replacement??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Yet another elusive part I am trying to source! There is a gasket/seal between the wing mirror and the body which has perished (no surprise really) and needs replacing.

MB state they do not do one and is not listed on EPC. I believe this may be the same as the W210 but may be wrong.

Can anyone assist with a part number or advice re sourcing one?

Perhaps pre-facelift W210 up to 99 has the same mirrors and the seals could fit?

A smart thing to do is to treat these seals with rubber UV protective vinyl spray to keep them soft and happy.
Rubber dries and perish.
Fold the mirrors and use a soft paint brush or cloth to treat the seals.
Meguiars has great vinyl interior/exterior spray

Have you a picture or part number of the seal Abb?

Edit

You could ask them to send it via UPS expedited shipping, should be with you within 1 week I’d imagine?

I can’t find any in stock here :(

MB Teesside have definitively said MB don't supply the gasket separately and the whole mirror frame would need to be purchased, at a cost of £535 ea! needless to say, I won't be doing this just for the gasket, hence my search continues!

On that note, does anyone know which mirror is the same as that of the W202 of that vintage so I can ascertain if there are gaskets available for this mirrors! Possible the W210? 208? W140?

I can check if mine are any good for you?

I'll whip 'em off tonight, I recall they're easy to do...

I didn't pm you in the first instance as I thought they would be a right PITA to do, ironically! :wallbash:

Haha...yes, they were a bit harder than I recalled. I broke one of the spring mounts off.:mad:
PM incoming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom