Wing mirror lights on a W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Hi, ive checked through the forum, but I dont appear to find a topic all about fitting wing mirror lights onto my M-reg C-Class.

Can someone please give me all the info I need?

eg, what do I buy? E-Class mirrors, or aftermarket ones?

What do I do about the existing side repeators?

How much do they cost etc?

Cheers

Ok now that you are in the right forum ill try to advise....

If you want quality then go for the W210 type (E class) I could probably get you them in your body colour so you dont need to paint. They are easy to fit but cost alot more than the aftermarket.

If you get the aftermarket you will need them to be painted, if you break the housing you will need to buy another pair, so what looks like a good deal may not be in the long term....

The W210 use LED's and the Aftermarket use bulbs.

They are easy to wire up but im not going to go into too much detail unles syou are sure you want them.

The existing repeaters is up to you! I left mine in the wings but some people have removed them... (ie weld up the hole fill and paint)

Aftermarket ones are about £100 in primer..

W210 ones are about 350 Euro these are complete new units, with glass motor everything not caps... these would cost you a grand at the stealership.

I want some of these mirrors where can i get them for 350 euro's as that doesnt seem such a bad price for the whole job lot? on a scale of 1-10 how hard are they to fit

Old thread alert!

SteveNL can sell you a set, around 300 Euros.

Easier to fit on a facelift w202 like yours, although its still a big job as you need to wire up to the switches aswell as the repeators.

Worth it though IMO

Hi everybody, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have a 220 CDI and have a problem with stone chips cracking the wing mirror led protectors. So much so, that water has got in and they are starting to get mouldy on the inside! Is it easy to remove the plastic casing and get at the bulbs? I just want to clean out the mould, as both sets of lights work ok. I have repaired the cracks, but would like to replace the cases, can I just buy the plastic cover?

No, It's a complete unit (the light unit that is) complete with bulbs.
Not expensive iirc.

Woah, this was like my 2nd ever thread...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom