Wing Mirror - Reversing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cengaliza999

Car
Mercedez Benz E250 CDI AMG
Might sound like a silly question but ive had my Mercedez E250 CDI (2015) for around 2 months now and I noticed that when you put the car into Reverse the left side wing mirror doesn't move down to show you the curb. I thought this would be a pretty standard feature as my old 2010 BMW 320d had this and was just wondering if i am missing something or if there is some sort of setting or if this isnt a feature that MB offer on their vehicles. Its my first time with MB so still learning the finer details..

Hi,
The car needs to have Memory seats, and the passenger side mirror adjust button needs to be left selected for the mirror to dip.

Funnily enough I was reading about this in my handbook last night. I don't think you have to have memory seats. The ignition needs to be on and the car in reverse gear then adjust the nearside mirror to the position you want it to be when reversing, then when you go back to drive the mirror should return to the normal driving position, but when you next select drive the mirror should dip.

I personally find this function blimming annoying, If I sit up straight when reversing I can normally see the curb anyway....

Funnily enough I was reading about this in my handbook last night. I don't think you have to have memory seats. The ignition needs to be on and the car in reverse gear then adjust the nearside mirror to the position you want it to be when reversing, then when you go back to drive the mirror should return to the normal driving position, but when you next select drive the mirror should dip.

That's what I thought, but for some reason its just not registering when I do it. I have to manually adjust my mirror down when I am parking and then re-adjust it when I select drive. Weird and annoying as I do find it useful when I am parking

Same in my non seat memory s211 2007 - doesn't work

W219 it is enabled through dis convenience feature same with the steering wheel moving out of the way when vehicle unlocked...

W219 it is enabled through dis convenience feature same with the steering wheel moving out of the way when vehicle unlocked...

W209 is the same

I checked my E again yesterday and could not get it to dip. When I first got the car it did dip but stopped working after I had the software updated and also the music on my phone won't now play through the Bluetooth even though my phone is connected.
I previously had a W209 CLK and when the instrument cluster was changed on that under guarantee the dipping function stopped and they restored it on STAR diagnostics.
I am away most of next month but when I return I have got to take the car in for twisted seat belts so will see if they can restore the dipping function and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom