Wing mirrors won't open when unlocking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjay123

As above my wing mirrors stay in when i unlock the car with the remote. They only one up fully once I open the car doors. Can i change this?

thanks

andy

As above my wing mirrors stay in when i unlock the car with the remote. They only one up fully once I open the car doors. Can i change this?

thanks

andy

That's normal behaviour- not sure if you can change it...

p.s Mr Pedantic says they are door mirrors - not wing mirrors :thumb:

Sounds normal operation, don't believe one can change it.

Why would you want to?

I would imagine not. There are times, when unlocking the boot for instance where you would not want your mirrors folded out.

I would imagine not. There are times, when unlocking the boot for instance where you would not want your mirrors folded out.

Unless you're a pretty boy who wants to check out your reflection :eek:

As above; that's normal operation. - All you can do is select whether you want them to fold at all.

My 2016 model S205 premium plus, the mirrors open out when unlocked and move in when locked, the only problem I have with this is when washing the car. it lock and unlocks if I'm anywhere near the door handles due to keyless go. I have to unlock the car then take the keys indoors to prevent this

Last edited:
Could be a bit awkward if parked in a tight spot?

My S320 has the door mirrors opening when you open the door,I think I can alter this so they do not fold but that is all you can do,I have a occasional fault on the drivers mirror as I open the door it does not open but by quickly slamming the door it does open,stupid fault but as yet unable to trace what is causing it.

My 2016 model S205 premium plus, the mirrors open out when unlocked and move in when locked, the only problem I have with this is when washing the car. it lock and unlocks if I'm anywhere near the door handles due to keyless go. I have to unlock the car then take the keys indoors to prevent this

Got the same problem, I put my keys inside the car.

Could be a bit awkward if parked in a tight spot?

Assuming you're referring to what I think you are, they stay folded on unlocking if you manually fold them before locking, eg I fold them in to put the car in the garage and they then stay folded whatever until I do it manually once it's out again. The nearside mirror still goes into kerb mode whether folded or not!

Yes, same thing. You can even lock the doors with a carefully aimed blast from the hosepipe. :doh:

Thinking of switching mine off, as I did the easy access. I just see it as unnecessary ware and tear.

Just getting into Mercedes, unsure about reliability on this stuff, scarred from years of electrical issues on other makes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom