Winter Check - Check!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greyman63

Car
CLS55
Had my free winter check done today which was good. Flagged up a leaking gearbox and that I'll need new rubber on the rears soon...but on the plus side the car was washed and I got a free fleece blanket!

It was a first class service from Mercedes and no complaints from me on that!

I recently discovered that the car had DRL! Tried to take a picture but it doesn't do them justice. Think they add a whole new element to the car! These are the lights that swap between DRL and fogs so best of both worlds.

IMG_20170111_135330_1.jpg

Whats the general thought on the service that's due...

MB say its a Service A + Spark plugs + Gearbox service
Indi say Service B (no sparks) + Gearbox service

Sparks were replaced mid 2013.

After looking at the service history the woman at the indi said that in her 12 years there she has never seen a car like this have such a complete history...so thanks whitenemesis :thumb:

Spark plugs are every 50k miles or 4 years IIRC. I'd take your indi's advice.

I took mine in for a winter check before christmas too. Whilst trying their various biscuits in the waiting area they sent me a text with a video link which showed a technician doing a visual check on my car along with some detailed commentary. Very professional.

I took mine in for a winter check before christmas too. Whilst trying their various biscuits in the waiting area they sent me a text with a video link which showed a technician doing a visual check on my car along with some detailed commentary. Very professional.
Wow, which dealership was that? Mind you they could have a viewing window or live CCTV coverage.

gr1nch said:
Wow, which dealership was that? Mind you they could have a viewing window or live CCTV coverage.

Most do that mine does, VW also does it

ph47mf said:
I also had mine checked just before Christmas. No blankets left so they gave me a very posh thermos flask. The next day I received by email a video of part of the check; not all that informative but still a nice touch. (They also did a good job of cleaning my filthy car!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom