Winter is here...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
its +4 degrees in glasgow and its flooding everywhere.

It was 14 last night and 10 this morning.

Talk about 4 seasons!

Winter wheels and 50/50 screenwash anyone? lol

Attachments

• IMG-20111017-00065small.jpg
    IMG-20111017-00065small.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 245
I'm not bothering with winter wheels, E55 will be hopeless in snow no matter what.
Really would like a nice Range Rover Classic, shame so few of them are diesels.

4C.....I call that summer in Scotland.

It was 2C yesterday morning in parts of the Midlands.

Yip Fuzzer the rain here was hellish westburn drive was flooded that bad i had to drive down the pavement ( sidewalk to our american friends ) that low part always floods out.. George.

its +4 degrees in glasgow and its flooding everywhere.

It was 14 last night and 10 this morning.

Talk about 4 seasons!

Winter wheels and 50/50 screenwash anyone? lol

You need to re-fuel soon Fuzzer;)

You need to re-fuel soon Fuzzer;)

Ha! was on my way lol £70 later :)

Yip Fuzzer the rain here was hellish westburn drive was flooded that bad i had to drive down the pavement ( sidewalk to our american friends ) that low part always floods out.. George.

the fields were overflowing into the dual carageway outside sainsburys at east kilbride! was crazy

Ha! was on my way lol £70 later :)

the fields were overflowing into the dual carageway outside sainsburys at east kilbride! was crazy

Can't think of a better way of spending £70:D

Surface water flooding has become more and more of a problem as Britain gets concreted or tarred over. :ban: Time and again contractors are building on land which experiences flooding on an annual basis for years . :doh: This compounded by the non provision of proper drainage channels or culverts to accomodate existing subterranean water courses. :eek: Come an extended period of high rainfall hydraulic pressure will find an outlet somewhere and voila --- floods everywhere.:eek: A little attention to detail of the local water courses and existing water table at the construction stage would pay dividends in the longer term.:thumb: Whereas the approach seems to be - ground a bit soggy- little underground stream ? a few tons of hard core will soon solve that. :wallbash:

Don't complain about the water Fuzz. Alex is going to sell it to the Anglish for £1 ppl next spring when they run out. :p

Surface water flooding has become more and more of a problem as Britain gets concreted or tarred over. :ban: Time and again contractors are building on land which experiences flooding on an annual basis for years . :doh: This compounded by the non provision of proper drainage channels or culverts to accomodate existing subterranean water courses. :eek: Come an extended period of high rainfall hydraulic pressure will find an outlet somewhere and voila --- floods everywhere.:eek: A little attention to detail of the local water courses and existing water table at the construction stage would pay dividends in the longer term.:thumb: Whereas the approach seems to be - ground a bit soggy- little underground stream ? a few tons of hard core will soon solve that. :wallbash:

The problem is that they do allow drainage, but into brooks, streams and rivers instead of large soak-away ponds. this then causes flash flooding and the subsequent backing up of land drainage systems.

I'm not bothering with winter wheels, E55 will be hopeless in snow no matter what.
Really would like a nice Range Rover Classic, shame so few of them are diesels.

i bought winter wheels for mine last year, never regretted it esp when i passed the range rovers on a hill near me as they stilll had summer tyres on

i bought winter wheels for mine last year, never regretted it esp when i passed the range rovers on a hill near me as they stilll had summer tyres on

I would like a decent classic shape one with all terrain off road tyres on, their a great bit of fun for green laning, I might get rid of the Golf for one if I can find a decent diesel!.

I think one of the most scary driving experiences I've had was on my way back from collecting my Tuscan, outnof nowhere it started snowing quite heavily on the M40, and a TVR with summer tyres on wasn't much fun.

Don't complain about the water Fuzz. Alex is going to sell it to the Anglish for £1 ppl next spring when they run out. :p

Aye that's been happening for hundreds of years - you lot bottle it, and label it "blend"

Can't think of a better way of spending £70:D

Oh , I can : a nice bottle of one of my favourite malts , and some change for cheese toasties :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom