Winter nights: time for a Nurburgring Crash compilation for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
OK, it's a well established tradition,

but there's something strangely satisfying about watching cars sliding about a bit in the hands of their expert drivers.

But best not watch it just before bed, or just before you're about to get on your motorbike...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Watched this one the other night, I liked the way the guy in the red BMW convertible got out and kicked the bit of trim.

My favourite bit was the guy who ran out to the crash barrier (wise man), and then threw up - long and hard.

When I lived in Germany back in the day, some of my biker mates would spend their annual holiday at the ring. Inevitably one of them would trash his pride and joy!

I wonder what they say to the insurance company????

As these aren’t races, basically they’re all covered by their comprehensive insurance.

But I have heard that British insurers are beginning to put a ‘Ring exclusion clause on, which limits you to Third Party cover only.

Hopefully someone who has been more recently can comment on their own experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what surprises me here is some of the enormous crashes people have.

There's clearly a few who get caught out by a bit of over steer, sudden lack of grip etc. and I think those are mistakes that most normal people would have, Ending up with a dented panel or scraped side of the car.

The ones that get me are people who are clearly way out of their talent zone and hit the barrier at some serious speed. I know the 'ring gives people to drive at speeds they wouldn't otherwise but everyone knows it's potentially dangerous and costly!

Love the way they let you go on and it's noone else's fault but your own. Very rare these days/

Looks a bit Passat-ish to me I must admit...

rPJUFAU.jpg

Either way though that's exactly what I mean. What is the best they think that can happen at those speeds? Are they literally so caught up in the moment that they look up from the speedo which is reading 70mph and there's a sharp bend in front of them!?!

It happens mate! haha :)

I've not driven it before, but I'd say there are plenty of opportunities to run out of talent (and brakes) around there. Might have a trundle round one day....

Looks a bit Passat-ish to me I must admit...

rPJUFAU.jpg

Either way though that's exactly what I mean. What is the best they think that can happen at those speeds? Are they literally so caught up in the moment that they look up from the speedo which is reading 70mph and there's a sharp bend in front of them!?!

Mk4 Golf estate

upload_2018-11-20_19-15-4.jpeg

Pre crash lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom