winter olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying haggis

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS shooting brake, SWMBO has B class
I have just seen on the news that Team GB

"expects to return with three medals"

Nice to spend all that money and have such high expectations!!!

Its not like the other countries are not spending significant amounts of money though is it?

I know a few people who are former Olympic champions, some from wealthy countries, some from relatively poor ones and they all seem to have common traits. Incredible focus, self belief and talent. And they all work far harder at being the best than I ever will...my point being the money will get you so far but after that its down to the individual.

Personally I am looking forward to watching it. Good luck to the team

Its not like the other countries are not spending significant amounts of money though is it?

I know a few people who are former Olympic champions, some from wealthy countries, some from relatively poor ones and they all seem to have common traits. Incredible focus, self belief and talent. And they all work far harder at being the best than I ever will...my point being the money will get you so far but after that its down to the individual.

Personally I am looking forward to watching it. Good luck to the team

RED BULL built Shaun White his own half pipe to practice all year long. Must be nice.

I'm boycotting watching the Winter Olympics due to discrimination against those who are less good at sport.

Mind you, I see The BBC have 95 staff in Sochi.

That's twice as many people than we have athletes competing I think.

GB's two medal hopes didn't do as well as expected in the snowboarding today :(. But at least we got to see some amazing "backside 160-4 triples" - apparently :dk:

First medal won. [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/260[/URL]

2 to go:rolleyes:

And that first medal in these Olympics is also the first medal that GB has EVER won on the snow! Well done Jenny Jones. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom