Winter Recovery Mission

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

looAMG

Car
CLS55
So as the winter is slowing becoming spring, i thought it was a good time to get the CLS into a respectable state again and i had a spare day to do so.

Started with my usual wash method. This involved a good soak in Magifoam, pressure rinsed off after dwelling followed by a two bucket wash, which composed of auto finesse lather as the shampoo this time round.

This was then followed by the time consuming but probably most crucial step of de-contamination, initially done between a mixture of Bilt Hamber Korrosol and Tardis but mainly achieved by the means of a full clay barring session, of which bilt hamber (regular) is my clay of choice.

Now at this point the bodywork looked much crisper and clearer and had returned to feeling smooth to the touch. Now as the paint had minimal swirl marks (it was corrected last year) i decided on Autoglym SRP applied by DA as this is a polish to help spruce things up but one which had minimal cutting properties.

To which i finished with two coats of Soft99 Authentic Carnauba Wax, which is a first time for me (i usually flit between fusso / FK1000P / Auto Finesse soul) but seemed a very nice product and i am happy with the end product.

Pictures were shot at lower light so you can't see how much the flake pop has improved but all in all a productive (if very long) day.

So as the winter is slowing becoming spring, i thought it was a good time to get the CLS into a respectable state again and i had a spare day to do so.

Started with my usual wash method. This involved a good soak in Magifoam, pressure rinsed off after dwelling followed by a two bucket wash, which composed of auto finesse lather as the shampoo this time round.

This was then followed by the time consuming but probably most crucial step of de-contamination, initially done between a mixture of Bilt Hamber Korrosol and Tardis but mainly achieved by the means of a full clay barring session, of which bilt hamber (regular) is my clay of choice.

Now at this point the bodywork looked much crisper and clearer and had returned to feeling smooth to the touch. Now as the paint had minimal swirl marks (it was corrected last year) i decided on Autoglym SRP applied by DA as this is a polish to help spruce things up but one which had minimal cutting properties.

To which i finished with two coats of Soft99 Authentic Carnauba Wax, which is a first time for me (i usually flit between fusso / FK1000P / Auto Finesse soul) but seemed a very nice product and i am happy with the end product.

Pictures were shot at lower light so you can't see how much the flake pop has improved but all in all a productive (if very long) day.

The Authentic is a good finish i use it on my black car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom