Winter Tyres - again...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottishman2

Car
CLK AMG 55 Cab
as a newbie to the concept of winter tyres (but totally convinced I will need them) I am still considering the best way forward.

My local MB stealership has quoted £1322 for four new 7 spoke 17" alloys with [FONT=&quot] Dunlop Sport MO tyre size - 225/45 R17 91H. Fitted and balanced - summer tyres and wheels delivered back to my home. bearing in mind cost of alloys (and I assume the ones supplied by stealer will be MB wheels) and cost of tyres this does not seem OTT - but thoughts of the experienced folk would be appreciated
[/FONT]

That doesn't sound too bad to me. Last November-ish (2010) I had Michelin Alpin in the same size fitted, and I think after I received the cashback/fuelvoucher promotion Michelin offered at the time I think they came to £580 (all inclusive).

So assuming the tyres would be the same again this year it means the wheels are costing you about £750 which isn't taking the mickey for new wheels from an MB dealer. Whether that's a good deal or not depends which design they are though - which did they quote you for?

For reference a local dealer quoted me £220 inclusive for 17-inch AMG IV alloys (like you have now), so a set would be around £880.

Dunlop Sport MO are these winter tyres??? If I was paying that amount for Winter tyre/wheel combination I would be damn sure to be specifying the tire manufacturer- and I would not be having anything other than Vresdestein,Nokian or Michelin ALPIN

I would expect they are Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3Ds given the size and spec. Came top in last years AutoBild winter tyre test.

Dunlop Sport MO are these winter tyres???

They're summer tyres - it says that in his post.

I presumed he's thinking of putting winter tyres on his "old" wheels.

didn't mean to confuse ... the Dunlop Sport MOs are winter tyres ... and have had a very good "critique" from the reviews I've read... as good as the others mentioned...

Fair enough if they are Dunlop SP winter sport 3D'S then you will be fine.

Winter tyres-Summer tyres, with only 8K annual milage, beginning to think a taxi would be cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom