winter tyres and 8 holes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukather

Car
E280
Hi hope you can help... my car is a W124 e280 petrol estate

I'm just changing over to my winter tyres..

I bought a set of standard 8 hole MB tyres and alloys...205 x 65 x 15... 7J x 15 - ET25 which seems to be the correct size and offset.

e0c19d6a.jpg

I didnt have any bolts so went to dronsfields as they are near to me.. bought 20 of what they told me where W124 alloy bolts seem to be correct sizes from what ive read and seen on this site..

I put the new wheels and tyres on and then drove up the road for about 40 yards but there was a serious knocking from the rear ...

I'd double checked they were tight and torqued..

I'm concerned that these are the wrong wheel bolts...should the thread go to top?

62e4e5bd.jpg

any help very welcome...

p.s put old wheels back on rear knocking goes. ?

What i'm thinking is they are tightening but not sufficiently to hold and when under working pressure they are knocking? thoughts

many thanks

They are the right bolts but the wheels are not.The Offset is to low for 124s
I guess they're 126 or 107 ones,what's the part numbers on them

I'm afraid dw124 is correct. I remember refurbing a set of alloys with an RT of 25 for my W201 and they did exactly the same thing. Turns out they were from a W126 so I had to sell them on. You need rims with an ET of approx 37 for your W124.

Oh **** !!

Oh **** ...I should havd done a bit better research the guy said they came of a 124...!!! great..

Back on Evil then....

thanks for your help I'll double check

Many thanks for your help...

Tyres should be 195/65 (6.5" std rim) or 205/60 (7" Sportline rims) really.

For my W124 E320 Cabriolet Sportline - wheels are 7J 15 H2 ET41; tyres 205 60 R15 91 W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom