Winter Tyres C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SparkyQ

Car
C63 Coupe - Palladium Silver
Anyone got any experience, is minimum wheel size 18" to cover brake components? Any recommendations on brand,

I get my 63 reg C63 coupe very soon and thinking winter tyres are essential for this sort of car..

Anyone got any experience, is minimum wheel size 18" to cover brake components? Any recommendations on brand,

I get my 63 reg C63 coupe very soon and thinking winter tyres are essential for this sort of car..

OEM spec Continental ContiWinterContacts in my view. New TS860's are supposed to be the best yet, although 810, 830, 850's will be excellent if the size is right. See what the handbook says, but there's bound to be a good selection in those ranges.

I had a set of 19" Nokian on my car last year, I'll be putting them up for sale soon as I no longer have my C63.

You needn't stop driving it in snow if you get them. Recommended :thumb:

Old topic, and you'll prob find me commenting on threads in the past (or perhaps starting them, can't remember). I run Vreds on 19" and that is life saving on this car for winter. Long story, but am privileged with two sets of wheels winter and summer.

Old topic, and you'll prob find me commenting on threads in the past (or perhaps starting them, can't remember). I run Vreds on 19" and that is life saving on this car for winter. Long story, but am privileged with two sets of wheels winter and summer.

Just trying to figure out what wheels I would need, thinking 18" would be OK but do I need to go staggered or is there a size I can use on both front and rear.

has anyone else gone 18" non staggered wheels on a c63 amg for winters?

Just trying to figure out what wheels I would need, thinking 18" would be OK but do I need to go staggered or is there a size I can use on both front and rear.

has anyone else gone 18" non staggered wheels on a c63 amg for winters?

18's probably better just look for winter tyres for set up you are planning. I just ended up with another set of 19's that couldn't be passed up so I have this set up now. Nearly time to put them on again, can feel summer has gone now!

I've dug mine out and they are actually Vredstein not Nokian, the Nokian were for my van.
They've got loads of meat on them, probably 7mm at least. Bit of a bummer but I got a puncture in one of them the day after they were fitted, it was easily repaired thankfully.
Rears are 265/30/19, fronts are 235/35/19. They are around £650 new, I'm thinking £375-£400, does that seem about right?

I've dug mine out and they are actually Vredstein not Nokian, the Nokian were for my van.
They've got loads of meat on them, probably 7mm at least. Bit of a bummer but I got a puncture in one of them the day after they were fitted, it was easily repaired thankfully.
Rears are 265/30/19, fronts are 235/35/19. They are around £650 new, I'm thinking £375-£400, does that seem about right?

I'd be interested in these at that price, where are you located?

Ah looks like i missed out on the ones for sale.

One more question, how does tyre pressure monitor or run flat monitoring work on these cars? I don't have pressure for each tyre so assume it's nothing in the wheel or tyre and i can use any 18 or 19" wheel that's the right size for winters?

One more question, how does tyre pressure monitor or run flat monitoring work on these cars? I don't have pressure for each tyre so assume it's nothing in the wheel or tyre and i can use any 18 or 19" wheel that's the right size for winters?
I believe it's just monitoring the axle speed; if one axle (or wheel?) seems to be going at a different speed to the others it assumes that tyre has gone flat.

If you change the tyres and/or rims, you need to reset the monitor (on mine that's through the buttons on the steering wheel), and it re-learns what the "normal" difference between the axles is.

My manual tells me to use 225/45 R17 on both axles for winter tyres (rather than staggered on 18"s); yours might tell you something different.

reason I am asking is that I don't have my manual.. its in the post apparently :

What wheels have you got at the moment? - It might be that MB just recommend the same size for a whole series of cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom