Winter tyres E350 CDi Coupe 2010 HELP|!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John757

Car
E350CDi Coupe , Gwagen 280GE , SL55 AMG , Audi SQ5 Quattro
E class coupe 2010 winter tyres need help
Hi All...apologies if this subject has been covered before... I have a 2010 E coupe 350 CDi with the optional 19" AMG wheels fitted as standard... i have found it impossible to find winter/snow tyres for my car.... i have been told to fit 18" wheels and then i will have no problem....

I have no idea what offset rim size i have at present...or how to check.. my rear tyres are 255/30/Z19 and fronts 245/35/Z19 i have been told by a local tyre fitter my rims are actually the same size front and rear...

Q what rims should i get ie 18x? x?offset....

I have no idea where to buy spare rims.. ive seen some c class 18 inch AMG's and some CLS AMGs for sale 2nd hand on Fleabay.... but i have no idea if they have the same offset or if they will fit... im nor rich i have £500 for the wheels and about £200 for tyres.... am i dreaming....

Help please...... im pulling my hair out... wish id gone for the 18 inchers when i ordered car.....:(

unless anyone knows where i can get winter tyres for my 19 inch rims??

Last edited:
Put these on all round if you want to stick with your current set of 19" wheels.

Vredestein Wintrac xtreme 245/35 R19 93W XL with rim protection ridge (FSL) - mytyres.co.uk

I run 19" wheels in the summer but have some 18" wheels for winter with the above linked tyres. It's the best way to go as there aint much choice in 19".

I like the look of those..... i am worried with this setup...tyre diameter is increased by 18MM... will i have clearance problems? 3/4 of an inch seems a lot... :confused:

I like the look of those..... i am worried with this setup...tyre diameter is increased by 18MM... will i have clearance problems? 3/4 of an inch seems a lot... :confused:

9mm less clearance at the rear in wheelarch....heightwise but narrower widthwise

anyone know if this is enough clearance?

Strangely, I bought some Hankook winter tyres off a client who was selling an E Class coupe. They are 18's and I have been very impressed with them.Wife has Goodyear winters on her Alfa and they are also very good. They stay on all year. I have had Vred winter tyres before and can also recommend them.

Strangely, I bought some Hankook winter tyres off a client who was selling an E Class coupe. They are 18's and I have been very impressed with them.Wife has Goodyear winters on her Alfa and they are also very good. They stay on all year. I have had Vred winter tyres before and can also recommend them.

Took the leap of faith and ordered some of these for my E Coupe 350 CDi 2010 (AMG wheels)
Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme 235/35/ZR19 front

and 245/35/R19 rears same as Sinewave's
(Car has 255/30/19 on the rear which are Conti sport contact 5's at present, the fronts same size as winters Ive ordered)

used the comparison chart and spoke to tyre fitter...there is a slightly narower tyre and 9mm difference apparently in height(more) only way to tell if all ok is to fit them and see... £632 leap of faith!!:crazy:from MyTyres.co.uk...

Ill keep you all posted...

Last edited:
2-3 days I believe, brilliant tyre and good reports from those who ran them last winter.

I get your overall wheel and tyre diameter increased to 8mm and 10mm front & rear but bear in mind this is total daimeter so you'll only be 4mm & 5mm higher in the arches which is nothing on a standard suspension setup.

They will fit with loads of space.

See here if ya interested?

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Last edited:
2-3 days I believe, brilliant tyre and good reports from those who ran them last winter.

I get your overall wheel and tyre diameter increased to 8mm and 10mm front & rear but bear in mind this is total daimeter so you'll only be 4mm & 5mm higher in the arches which is nothing on a standard suspension setup.

They will fit with loads of space.

See here if ya interested?

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

wicked...the tyres arrived today... very quick delivery... and My Tyres are the cheapest i have seen on the net... great reviews... using my own local garage for fitting in new year.. as i didn't like the look of the ones affiliated to My Tyres... feel less worried about wife driving home in the ice and snow now.... only a G wagon on snow tyres would make me not worry 100%... ahhhh i can dream...:dk:

wicked...the tyres arrived today... very quick delivery... and My Tyres are the cheapest i have seen on the net... great reviews... using my own local garage for fitting in new year.. as i didn't like the look of the ones affiliated to My Tyres... feel less worried about wife driving home in the ice and snow now.... only a G wagon on snow tyres would make me not worry 100%... ahhhh i can dream...:dk:
I have to say though... the telephone helpline was a complete waste of time... i phoned them..went through to a call centre in India...who stated there is no one who can give me technical support or information...they are purely there to process orders...
in contrast i used Black Circles in September to buy some conti sport contact 5's ...after i ordered i realized the ones i had picked were specifically for a BMW X5 so i rang them...the guy on the phone was very knowledgeable about tyres and their fittaments... he reordered the right tyre which were 4 quid cheaper...and he refunded my card immediately... the technical suport is missing from My tyres... for that I used you guys... I cannot praise BlackCircles enough...and only didnt use them this time as they dont stock the snow tyres i eventually bought.:crazy: shame... £632 to their competitor... TBH the local garage couldent source them for less than £800.. so a goods deal..... snow report to follow as and whn it snows!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom