Winter tyres on a Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigkid2001

Car
Mercedes Vito 115cdi Dualiner Sport
Hi all,

I have a 2008 Vito 115 Dualiner Sport, currently fittted with 17" alloys as factory standard.

Sat at home in my garage are 4x Avon Ice Touring 225/40 R18 XL WINTER tyres that I purchased last year for my previuos car (Mondeo ST TDCi estate) that have only done around 3000 miles.

So my question; Is there an 18" wheel that wil fit the Vito that will let me fit them for winter use? I don't care if it's an aftermarket alloy (rather than a mercedes item), it's only going to be for my winter wheels.

Otherwise I have to sell 4x 18" winter tyres (no doubt at a huge loss) and then buy 4x 17" to fit my current alloy rims or buy 4x 16" winter tyres and 4x steel rims, either way I think it'll be cheaper to just buy some suitable 18" rims for the Vito.

I'm guessing though the tyres are to thin (225) to fit an 8j rim which is the suggested size for 18" on a Vito. I'm sure the Mondeo rim were 7 or 7.5j

There are several 18" M-B wheels for the Vito:

Mercedes VITO 639 alloys | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

You can get the tyre sizes from there too.

Many van insurers won't cover you with anything other than the standard rims fitted though ... so I would check this before changing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom