Winter tyres on w211 e55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
What brand/type are 55 owners running if at all on the 18" wheels or is it a case putting the beast to bed for the winter months?

Cheers

Living on the south coast I have never used winter tyres as its rare we get snow.
Saying that, last winter was very snowy and my car didn't leave the driveway. It can be a handful in the wet if you are not careful so snow/ice = no chance for me.

I'll be interested to see what brands are recommended by anyone using winters on a 55k car.

I have Hankooks 18s on the CLK and now the e class coupe, but they're not on yet.
I go 'oop north' a fair bit for work between Jan and Mar, often in my caro, so they will get fitted in a few weeks or certainly closer the Christmas

Only a V6 not a 55, but they only reference II ca provide.
Car felt normal in them in snow and freezing temps (which is the point of winters)

Living on the south coast I have never used winter tyres as its rare we get snow.
Saying that, last winter was very snowy and my car didn't leave the driveway. It can be a handful in the wet if you are not careful so snow/ice = no chance for me.

I'll be interested to see what brands are recommended by anyone using winters on a 55k car.

I thought as much 55K not ideal for snow/icey weather, bad enough in the wet. I did have the use of another car but sadly the 318 bwm e46 died on me last week so either need a different car to get me about or winter tyres on the 55 I'm.thinking a different car would be the correct thing to do. I'm actually thinking a w211 estate as always liked the estates. 320, 280 diesel. Winter rubber will be needed on this also I amagine.

What do you use Roger if the conditions are not fit for your 55K?

Tom

I swipe the wife's Kia Rio Tom:D

Having packed in work, it's no sweat to stay indoors if its snowy weather.
I'm not so much worried about my abilities, but other people in poor weather conditions.
So I just leave the E55 on the drive and don't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom