Winter Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quick question - just how necessary is it to buy the MO spec tyres? I'm happy buying the Dunlop 3D sport winters but some of them don't have the MO bit at the end of the spec

Also - should i be considering other brands?

Quick question - just how necessary is it to buy the MO spec tyres? I'm happy buying the Dunlop 3D sport winters but some of them don't have the MO bit at the end of the spec

Also - should i be considering other brands?

I personally wouldn't care whether it had MO or not.

As for the brands - the 3Ds are inoccuous. Not great not bad among the various branded tyres. I have them because while they didn't seem to have the best test rating in snow they did do well in wet. And I figured that cold and wet is more common condition than cold and snow in the UK winter. (Though mild and wet seems top be the main pattern this year).

Any opinions on mixing brands front and rear?
ie same brand on front and different brand on rear

TQS said:
Any opinions on mixing brands front and rear? ie same brand on front and different brand on rear
If you're happy to mix brands between front and rear axles on "normal" tyres, then I see no issue.

My personal preference is for the same brand & model of tyre all round, but in all honesty unless a car had premium tyres on one end and Chinese ditch-finders on the other it wouldn't stop me driving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom