Winter wheel storage

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by fuzzer, Oct 13, 2011.

1. fuzzer

fuzzer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    F25 X3 20d SE
    I found these on ebay and thought they looked good , so did a bit of digging and worked out the volkswagen part number. They are cheap for what they are , but are well constructed and have a space for different bolts on every cover and also a marker on a diagram of a car to let you know which wheel it was before it was taken off.

The part number is : 000073900 and can be ordered from the dealer for £25 or you can go down the ebay route and get them from here for £30 delivered from a volkswagen dealer operating on ebay.

GENUINE VOLKSWAGEN ALLOY WHEEL BAG SET X4 | eBay

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. st13phil

st13phil MB Club Veteran

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    Thanks for that. They look like a branded version of these which are a good price until you add on the €15 delivery charge...

3. OP
    OP
    fuzzer

fuzzer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    F25 X3 20d SE
    Yep , thats them. Even down to the packaging. Just have been rebranded VW.

4. DogWagen

DogWagen Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW E91 325d and Alpina E46 B3s. Still miss my C43 AMG Estate - Azurite Blue
    ...an alternative option

I've bought one of these tyre trees from Westfalia http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/car_accessoires/repair_and_maintenance/tyre_changing_and_repair/tyre_storage/52951-felgenbaum.htm just to help keep the garage tidy. The tree will take up to 245 section tyres (I've a set of 225 and 245 on 17 inch rims) and comes complete with a cover. the good part for me is that it keeps everything in one place and avoids any flat spots etc. Cost is £19.99 plus delivery. There is a cheaper version at about £14. You just need to watch for a min order (I think it's £20). Hope that helps, Mike
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.