Winter wheels for new c-class w205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jmb1966

Any suggestions where I can get some. Happy with steel ones. A trawl on the net doesn't find anyone with spec for the new model. I'm sure that can't be true!

I can get genuine MB ones but they are £1700!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

with mine i cant have steel's as need 17" make sure you can get 16" on yours but i expect you will have to go to 17"

MyTyres do complete wheel and tyre packages, including for the W205 - you can use the selector thing on their site to choose your car. For some reason, it's far easier to choose alloys as there is a W205 option listed but the options for steels are completely incomprehensible.

Buy cheap wheel and tyre packages online @ mytyres.co.uk

I ordered the Conti TS830s I run on my Golf from them and they took around a week to arrive from Germany.

If you look at the German brochure for the C Class, they offer winter wheels and tyres in 16" sizes for the equivalent of our SE and Sport models; if you have the AMG variant, you need 17"s.

MotorTalk has a thread on winter wheels here:

Winterreifen/-felgen für den S205 : Mercedes C-Klasse W205

It's in German, but if you put Google Translate on the case, you can follow things fairly easily. There is a post on the third page where someone talks about having 17"s on a car with the "AMG Paket".

Decided to go for nokian all weathers to replace standard tyres and leave them on year round....

Anyone looking for four new continental sport 5's that have run 60 miles??!!

Where are you? What size are they? If they're 17's I could be interested as I have a set of 17" AMG rims to refurb over the winter and will need rubber for them before spring (when I take my 16" winters off!).

If 205 wheels are the same spec as 204's, I will soon have a set of 16's to dispose of - 16" Mercedes 12 Spoke wheels in Titanium Silver - Alloy Wheels Direct (128609)
in excellent condition but needing new rubber.

Have been looking for a set for my W205 sport, you need to have the Tyre Pressure Monitors otherwise you will get a fault light and message saying TPMS not fitted. It will also become an MOT failure if the future if none are fitted, plus Insurance issues.

MyTyres do complete wheel and tyre packages, including for the W205 - you can use the selector thing on their site to choose your car. For some reason, it's far easier to choose alloys as there is a W205 option listed but the options for steels are completely incomprehensible.

Buy cheap wheel and tyre packages online @ mytyres.co.uk

I ordered the Conti TS830s I run on my Golf from them and they took around a week to arrive from Germany.

If you look at the German brochure for the C Class, they offer winter wheels and tyres in 16" sizes for the equivalent of our SE and Sport models; if you have the AMG variant, you need 17"s.

MotorTalk has a thread on winter wheels here:

Winterreifen/-felgen für den S205 : Mercedes C-Klasse W205

It's in German, but if you put Google Translate on the case, you can follow things fairly easily. There is a post on the third page where someone talks about having 17"s on a car with the "AMG Paket".

The 16" alloys with correct ET (Dezent TG) only just miss the brake calliper on the W205 C200 Sport, and have to be balanced on the inner rim

Did the W204 wheels fit onto the W205?
My dealer said the fronts 17" from W204 foul the brake calipers and didn't offer a solution.

If you have an SE or Sport, they do fit! I have a set of A204 401 7602 9765 MB Winters which fit my 220CDi Sport 205 although the tyres are 45s instead of 50s and at the moment there are no TPMS monitors as I've just refurbed them and they're not on the car yet.

It suits the dealers to say they don't fit and even the aftermarket folks say we should fit 17s even though 16s will fit SE and Sport versions.

I think you would need to be careful which wheels you tried to fit to an AMG Sport, though, but the handbook is fairly clear once you decipher it!

Ernie

Decided to go for nokian all weathers to replace standard tyres and leave them on year round....

Anyone looking for four new continental sport 5's that have run 60 miles??!!

Excellent idea. I have vredestein quatrac 4 on my wife's Alfa Mito and they are great. They appear to last too.

Ok I have found the solution....
I purchased 15mm spacers, with 15mm extra length bolts & collars to accommodate the AMG 17" alloys from the 204 model. Result is they fit with no catching or rubbing. It has a slightly wider track, but hardly notable. Whether you could go down to 10mm is another question.
Cost was £91 for wheels spacers and bolts from Demon Tweeks, Wrexham.
I am keen to establish a solution regarding the TPMS though. I don't know if the wheels from the 204 have them. The wheels were fitted to my 2011 204 .250 Blue Eff Sport which told me when tyre pressures needed checking, but new 205 doesn't pick up sensors.
Is there an aftermarket option available to satisfy the 205 recognition, or can the system be disabled for the 5 months of the year, when the winters after fitted?

I also wondered about that as National Tyres want around £90 per wheel fitted, and no doubt others will want to jump on the same band wagon. OE sensors can be bought from £169, but need fitting. Even Merc might prove cheaper!

Ernie

Ok I have found the solution....
I purchased 15mm spacers, with 15mm extra length bolts & collars to accommodate the AMG 17" alloys from the 204 model. Result is they fit with no catching or rubbing. It has a slightly wider track, but hardly notable. Whether you could go down to 10mm is another question.
Cost was £91 for wheels spacers and bolts from Demon Tweeks, Wrexham.
I am keen to establish a solution regarding the TPMS though. I don't know if the wheels from the 204 have them. The wheels were fitted to my 2011 204 .250 Blue Eff Sport which told me when tyre pressures needed checking, but new 205 doesn't pick up sensors.
Is there an aftermarket option available to satisfy the 205 recognition, or can the system be disabled for the 5 months of the year, when the winters after fitted?

Unless fitted with TPMS which was optional, 204s used the speed sensors on the individual wheels to determine if one was running fast due to low pressure. This triggered the warning, rather than a direct measurement of pressure as in TPMS.

Rather than pay £90 per wheel to NTS for TPMS, to me, the realistic options are to accept the warning every time you start the car, or have them fitted, hopefully at less cost, when you need new tyres.

Ernie

Thanks Ernie.
I wonder if the cost of these will plummet when manufactures in the Far East start to reproduce them?

OE sensors can already be purchased from Kunzmann for 180Eu, but you then need to have someone who can fit them (or is prepared) for a sensible cost. Some are available in Ebay, but I'm not sure about them. Here is Kunzmann's link:

http://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tires-wheels-light-alloy-rims-mercedes-benz-original-pressure-sensor-tpms.htm

Ernie

Apologies about bringing this back from the dead but has anybody had any joy getting 16 inch steel wheels for a W205?

I have a c220 Bluetec SE Executive that comes with 16 inch alloys but I want to get some 16 inch steelies (that fit!!!) or secondhand 16 alloys to put winters on. Ideally as cheap as possible.

A90SS, I've bought a few sets of wheels over the years, for my 968, the S203 and the current S204. First thing is to find the exact spec of what you're looking for, either from the info in the back of your owners manual or by taking a wheel off and looking at the info stamped on the inside - it will be something like 16 x 7 1/2J ET52 5 x 130 - 16 = rim size in inches, 7 1/2J being rim profile in inches, ET being offset in mm, 5 x 130 being number of wheel bolts and bolt circle diammeter. you should also check the wheel bolt size as, for example, W/S203 use 12mm bolts and W/S204 uses 14mm, so you cannot fit 203 wheels to a 204 (as I found out the hard way).

Armed with this information I've found, with patience, suitable wheels on Ebay and on the 4 car forums I frequent - for example, I got 16" genuine Porsche Cup 1 wheels for my 968 off Ebay for £150 - in need of refurb admittedly, plus a 2 1/2 hour drive to collect them (although DCS will courier a set to mainland UK for £45). Also, putting that info in the thread where you're asking for them will help others with wheels for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom