Winter wheels question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGBob

Car
C Class
Dear All,

Apologies if this has been covered previously.

My C63 has 19" wheels.

Planning to get some winter tyres, would buying a winter set of smaller 18" wheels be sensible? Would the, I presume, narrower tyres give an appreciable benefit in snowy conditions?

I don't mind buying a second set of alloys but only if it will make noticeable difference.

Thanks. Bob

Bob

Look in your handbook to see what the recommended winter wheel size is.

Also remember winter tyres aren't just for snow.

18" will give you more cushioning and will be cheaper.

And you won't have to pay to swap the tyres over (minimising chance of damaging the rims).

Hope this helps

Steve

!8s if you can get a set of oem ones, or why not buy a cheap car for the winter?
I have a e class with 16 inch wheels and winter tyres for the crappy weather but next year I am getting a X5 of a ML for the winter, I cant imagine the C63 would be much good in crappy conditions!!

I bought a set of 18inch alloys and tyres for my C63 last winter. Mine was running 19inch. 18 inch fine as long as you don't have the performance package with the larger front calipers. I bought from tyremen.co.uk, very happy with price, service etc.

The official c63 winter wheel package comprises the same size wheels front to back. From Mercedes last year I paid about £2,200 including tyres.

I'll dig out the invoice if you're interested in the exact prices and wheel/tyre size

Many thanks for all advice. Gone for the recommended 18" set up via tyremen.

Run 19" wheels, extra set, with Vreds in winter and just fine. Car is undriveable on summer tyres in real cold. See my other threads.
Kamal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom