Winter wheels tyres.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smudge11

Car
Tenorite Grey C350cdi
Hi. I have bought a set of 8x17 genuine MB alloys to use as winter wheels on my 2010 c350cdi sport but am not sure of the size of tyres to buy.

I can see that the 17" wheels any tyres that fit my car are staggered however the wheels I have bought are all 8j and it would be nice to use the same size tyres all round so I can rotate if necessary. However as the 17" sizes stated for my car are different front and rear which do I go with all round do as not to make speedo read incorrect?

Thanks.

What does it recommend in your owner's handbook?

225/45/17 Front & 245/40/17 rear.

I currently have 18's on.

Thanks.

Use 225/45X17 all round & you'll be fine.

Russ

Turns out the wheels i have bought have got 245/45/17's on them (from an E-Class i think)
There's not a load of meat on them (maybe one winter) however will this size effect anything other than the speedo?

Thanks.

225/45/17 winters I have on mine tyres get them from tyre-leader very cheap

You'll be surprised how tyres seem to last once you start swapping over for each season.

Don't forget that winter tyres loose their effectiveness at about 4mm of tread (for snow use) which is why you see loads on ebay!

Have the wheels got the correct front and rear offset [ET] for your car. In terms of winter tyres narrower is better [ they bite in rather than "float" ] within the confines of the rims you have of course.

Mmmm ! didn't realise the 4mm thing. But they work better in the cold so will stick with mine for another season or so. I begrudge throwing away good tyres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom