Wiper Blades - dealer or internet ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrML

Car
ML350 Sport
I am due to have my ML350 serviced at the beginning of November. The last service was July 2009.
Looking at the official MB web site it looks to say that the wiper blades will need replacing.
My question is - a quick look on the internet says a set costs about 17 quid.
How much will it cost me if they stick them on at the dealers and if it's much more are they worth it ?
Thanks in advance.

I used fleabays finest aero blade single wiper for my w124.
Very pleased with it. Lasting well with no sign of premature wear.

Best bit was less than a tenner!!!!!
If they fit yours they are well worth a stab.
Dan

Hello if they are genuine off the tinterweb then buy them, if in doubt don't as cheap copy's are no way near as good I bought some and the squeaked and didn't push flat on the glass all the way.

Saying that our local dealer (Chester) when my dad wanted to but a set for his E class they said something like £37 (cannot remember exact but lot), My dad said '£37 for wiper blades....Parts guy said, are you paying cash......Dad..'yes'.....parts man, ok call it £20 :)

I paid £29 from a dealer. I couldn't find equivalent Bosch on the internet any cheaper.

I think costco sell them if your a member.

Not on the Merc but I was quite impressed with some Rain-X ones I got for the Discovery. I may yet get some for the Merc as well. They came form an ebay seller.

I was a first-time buyer of wiper blades with these guys:

www.wiperblades.co.uk

the other week for 2 new wiper blades for the SL. They give you a choice of available brands, Bosch, Valeo etc and their own-brand stuff. Competitively priced and quick delivery.

Thank you for all your replies. At least I now know they are about £30ish from the dealer.
I may well do what I always do when undecided and confronted with an array of choices and do nothing, letting the dealer put them on at the service.
If they were £70 I would be motivated to shop around,
thanks again.

I was a first-time buyer of wiper blades with these guys:

www.wiperblades.co.uk

the other week for 2 new wiper blades for the SL. They give you a choice of available brands, Bosch, Valeo etc and their own-brand stuff. Competitively priced and quick delivery.

Another recommendation for them. Been using them a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom