Wiper blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have found even brand new genuine Mercedes blades judder on the return downward sweep. Despite Mercedes blades being made by Bosch, I have found Bosch Aerotwin 2 x 24in blades from Halfords are actually much smoother and quieter.

I bought both original MB and Bosch Aerotwin wipers in the past and they both cost about the same and both perform very well - quiet and no smears - to the extent that I have no preference between the two.

The MB wipers however do have a wear indicator under the MB logo - that turns yellow as it is exposed to UV - not to everyone's taste.

Incidentally, two different sets of MB wipers that I bought were made by SWF, which is a Valeo brand.

discount?

You could try eurocarparts, buy and pay online to qualify for the MB Club discount.
Enter mbclub25 at checkout. (mbclub30 doesn't work on wiper blades).

Hi
am i missing something here? I wasnt aware of discount at eurocarparts for mbclub. I assume its a 30% discount when mbclub30 is entered? can you give me some info please.

thanks
Gazz

Hi
am i missing something here? I wasnt aware of discount at eurocarparts for mbclub. I assume its a 30% discount when mbclub30 is entered? can you give me some info please.

thanks
Gazz

See here for ECP's original MBCLUB25 offer, giving 25% off. Somewhere else (which I haven't looked for) the 30% discount code was added, although as alluded to earlier it doesn't work on everything. The codes don't normally work when the item is already on a 'sale' price. And ECP's sister site carparts4less often has items at the same or cheaper price than ECP, without using any codes. Basically just try both for the best deal and use whatever code you can get your hands on ;).

I just bought 3 wipers for my S204
Bosch from ECP depot in Bellshill and I hate the way the clips look when fitted will be swapping to Valeo or MB as soon as :doh:

Wish I knew about the MBCLUB30 thats a good one....

Last edited:
I bought Bosch wipers from ECP about 2 months ago for about £4,25!! yes my jaw dropped to the floor, so I asked if the price is correct, when salesman said they're on offer I got another one spare.

i've just looked up the wipers on ECP that fit our 2012 E class, £25.62 with 30% disc (usual price £36.60).

is this about right?! seems a lot compared to prices quoted above.

edit: just had a look around online, i can find them a little bit cheaper inc. delivery, all of 50p. might as well collect from ECP. car's only just been serviced, weird that MB didn't try & 'upsell' us some as they picked up on the health check that they needed replacing.

Last edited:
I got bosch wiper blades for my car from boschwipers - there were cheaper than ECP, and offered free delivery too(well they did back then)

Bought a set of wipers for my w 204 last week from ecp £27.00 after discount,fitted to day live in Edinburgh so will test tomorrow as it is bound to be raining.

i ended up getting the bosch A939s aerotwin off ebay instead, £23.59 inc delivery.

have just changed them over. how easy?! :thumb: took me all of 30 seconds. i've nearly been reduced to tears before trying to change flippin' wiper blades! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom