Wiper blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My comment on the blades being changed as part of the service goes back to the early 2000's.
Our first MB was an A Class imported from France (saving of approx £4000) Went to main dealer for first services to maintain warranty. Phoned each time for a quote from 2 different local main dealers.
Although total price quoted each time, on the final bill each item was described. I can remember being pissed off at a charge for wiper blades as I could have easily replaced the myself if they were faulty.

I'd guess it's hard to asses blades if they are used on a dirty screen.
I find polishing the glass to remove any contaminants followed by a glass sealer such as Nanolex glass, really works very well for continued good vis out of the windscreen as well as the windows. A coating on the rubber blades seems to work well and prolong their life too.

Is nanolex glass a cleaner or a sealer as I'm interested in keeping my screen in top condition?

They do both, a glass polish to prep the screen first followed by the application of the sealer.
The applicaition is a bit fussy as once the sealer is on it needs 12hrs to fully cure.
You'll also need a glass spray cleaner to remove any polish residue etc prior to sealer application.

Ths nano tech stuff are bit of pain to use but is worth it if you like seeing where you are going. The water will bead off and in certiain instances and speeds you'll not need to use the wipers.

I prefer MB wiper blades as others,including SWF, just don’t perform to the same standard in my opinon.

I was lucky to have the opportunity to stock up MB blade at a discounted flat price of GBP24.99 for any MB model before the Inchscape online parts closed down. That was a great price for my then W210 wiper blades and slightly cheaper than the normal price for my W169 blades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom