Wiper blades!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattDuke

Car
E350 Cabriolet
Hi chaps. I’m really struggling to find some wiper blades for my S Class ‘99 430. I’ve tried the usual places with no luck and actually managed to find a set direct from Mercedes at £120! I’d rather not pay that.

the main problem seems to be that the hook type fitting needs to be wider than the new standard of hook fit.

Any ideas?

Do you have the MB part number for the original (expensive) wiper blades?

Also, have you considered buying the rubber lip, cutting it to size, and replacing just the rubber inside the exisiting blade assembly?

E.g.:

Also, have you considered buying the rubber lip, cutting it to size, and replacing just the rubber inside the exisiting blade assembly?

E.g.:

I did it even know that was possible on the newer blades , just shelled out on two Bosch sets :(

Ah, somebody else with £120 wiper blades; I had the same quote recently and thought they'd lost the plot. Perhaps they've put a tariff on already ;).

Hey wiper refills sound perfect. Are they fairly standard in profile and fit? And are they easy to fit?

Have often wondered if these blade cutters work:

I purchased a cutter. Worked ok (ish) on the first blade killed the second blade. Cutter in the bin and onto the web. To order new blades. The cutter is a good idea but original MB blades have small lettering along the edge that goes onto the glass. The cutter removes a slice of the worn edge providing a nice clean edge to clear the screen. My problem was the lettering on the blade becomes part of the cleaning edge when the blade is cut down and prevents that portion of the blade working as well as it should. I was not happy with the first attempt to trim my second wiper so gave it a second go. Cut was ok and a nice slice taken off but this now exposed more lettering in a critical area of the wipers sweep.
The idea is good and may work on some brands of wiper. I decided that saving a few £s but having vision was not a risk I wanted to take.

Hi all.
So I basically bought some refills from eBay for in£10 😂. They were the length of the blade can be cut down perfectly but the width was a lot narrower 6mm instead of around 9 ish. Anyway I thought I’d take a punt. Slid in easy enough and I think they were I with enough friction to keep them in place but I gently crimped the claws to make sure.
Perfect! Bargain!

I only paid £ 88.00 for the Bentley's Blades :)

If you want blade's check out MB newcastle or MB Edinburgh on ebay they will give you a good price :thumb: if they are not listed email them 1 or 2 day delivery normally

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom